User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

If you, the ENTP, will provide the intellectual dynamics; and he, the ENTJ, will make the decisions; then the answer is "Probably."

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I tend to butt heads pretty consistently with ENTJs. My flakiness drives them batty.

I think the key to this conflict, though, is that most of the ENTJs have been my superiors. Without the power imbalance, it would be better.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I tend to butt heads pretty consistently with ENTJs. My flakiness drives them batty.
    As I said, I think that could be the greatest problem. As far as bossiness goes, that depends on the single ENTJ - some of us are more bossy than others - I am not bossy at all, but I dislike changing decisions mid-stream, for example.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I currently work in a law firm and the lead litigator and my boss is an ENTP and his wife, who is also a partner, is an ENTJ. He lets me be in charge of all of the organization aspect and some of the client relational aspects in the business, and we donít have any problems. As long as you make it clear to the ENTJ that you are an equal partner then there shouldnít be any problem with the domineering aspect of their personality. His wife is very good with her clients and is a wonderful advocate, but is very harsh to opposing council and to insurance companies. I think there is enough of an outlet for the ENTJís aggressive nature.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    ENTP

I've pretty much made it clear to my friend that I make my own decisions. He's tried a couple times in the past to get me to do something that I didn't want to do and I "put him in his place" rather quickly. I think he realizes that I don't mind him making decisions, but when it comes to dictating MY actions, he knows he's hit a wall.

Also, I see no problem with being harsh to opposing council and insurance companies.
    Extroverted (E) 80%
    Intuitive (N) 90%
    Thinking (T) 84.38%
    Perceiving (P) 81.82%

8w7

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world... because its the only thing that ever has."
    -Marget Mead

"I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
    -Thomas Paine

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This will not work without a balance. ENTP and ENTJ are two to radical types of the same gender.

Maybe it works but only in favour of the law
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ENTP2L View Post
    Also, I see no problem with being harsh to opposing council and insurance companies.

I know, my point exactly I think the firm will work nicely.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    ENTP

As along as I don't rifle him off a seven story building; yea I think we'll do some damage in the bean (Boston, for you N.E. neophytes)
    Extroverted (E) 80%
    Intuitive (N) 90%
    Thinking (T) 84.38%
    Perceiving (P) 81.82%

8w7

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world... because its the only thing that ever has."
    -Marget Mead

"I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
    -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by ENTP2L View Post
    Has anyone had any experience working with or managing a law firm (or any business for that matter) with an ENTJ; or have any professional experience observing ENTP's and ENTJ's in co-power positions. As an ENTP, I see a ton of sucessful traits in my friend, and I think we have the same long-term vision of building a competitive firm, but I have a feeling I'm going to (a) have to talk him off the ledge every other day; and (b) smooth things over with clients on a day-to-day basis. I have no problem letting him "field marshal" as long as it fits into the main objective. Any thoughts?
    ENTP and ENTJ are both quite bossy in temperament, but because they respect each others intelligence it will work out like a charm - they will lead together.
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    Entp
    Socionics
    ILE

im pretty sure my dad was an entj, i would argue tooth and nail with him to resist his power over me.... i think it could be a good experiance for you, you could learn alot and he could be a good partner to keep your arguing lawyer skills. from personal experience entjs are pretty effective.