User Tag List

First 4121314

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Dutch Santa Clause variant = Sinterklaas.

When my school told the class Sinterklaas was not real (not sure my exact age, about 5 I think), I went home angry to my mom saying that I could no longer trust her and wanted a new mom.

I think that is pretty NT.
    NT gold. You win!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As a kid I was into solving puzzles of all types- math, word, jigsaw, you name it. I would try to come up with puzzles that I thought would stump other people and then challenged them to solve it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

WALMART

In kinder, when people would brag about the depth of water they could swim in.

To detail the absurdity of their conversation I told them I could swim in 100 foot deep water. They called me a liar, and from that day on I've written the majority of people off as willfully ignorant.

MBTI
    INTP

As a young child (I don't remember 5ish?) when I informed my mom's friend that "sunrise" is a dumb word because the Earth moves relative to the sun, not the other way around.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I'm not really an NT, but my first great passion was astronomy at age 13. My bedroom was filled with posters of galaxies, the moon, solar system, the 'known universe'. I would look through my telescope every evening. My mother bought me two astronomy books for Christmas that were my most valued possessions. I never made many close friends at school. Most of the girls were giggling about boys. I had some long-term crushes even as a child, but never got involved with the fleeting social attachments that more emotionally driven kids did.

As a teenager, i dealt with emotional scars from childhood. I solved the problem of personal emotional crisis by switching my thinking to analyze something completely detached. I learned to use analysis and reason as a tool to cope with emotional pain imposed on me from my environment.

It's not so much a moment, but a process that led me to value objectivity. My mother, sister, and brother have all wrestled with very strong feelings and subjective reasoning. They are all deeply kind people, but have gotten attached to and hurt by some very malicious people. I'm the youngest, but observing this dynamic, I determined to stay detached and aware. My mind and its ability to reason is my greatest asset. I determined to marry the most logical, clear thinking man I could find, and I did exactly that. This has enabled me to be a source of objectivity for my dear family who often fall into the trap of dark, hopeless subjectivity. My mother typically leaves our conversations with a sense of reassurance and balance. She has also chosen me to be the one to make the tough calls if she is ever incapacitated. She trusts in my clarity of thought.
    Wow, I loved reading this. Sounds eerily similar to my own experience!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I always hated it when I was working on some project or puzzle and have a moment of frustration and someone would ask me if I wanted some help and I'd turn it down because even though I was frustrated, I was determined to solve it. As an NT, a major source of self-esteem for me is my ability to be self-sufficient and solve problems ingeniously on my own. I thought, that if I had to get some assistance, it's not like I truly solved it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I always hated it when I was working on some project or puzzle and have a moment of frustration and someone would ask me if I wanted some help and I'd turn it down because even though I was frustrated, I was determined to solve it. As an NT, a major source of self-esteem for me is my ability to be self-sufficient and solve problems ingeniously on my own. I thought, that if I had to get some assistance, it's not like I truly solved it.
    I can relate to that. However it went beyond this for me, because I found it lame if other people didn't figure things out completely by themselves, and so I never really helped people with homework. Or gave as little info as possible so the other person learned I wasn't someone to ask for homework help. (the other piece to this was that I did not want to be 'used', so didn't want people to get the idea I was going to do their homework for them or give them the answers)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ