User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

When I was seven years old, I was obsessed with dinosaurs and dolphins, and collected everything and read about them. I could spend hours reading in the encyclopedia about that.
    In my early school years, I never talked to my classmates because I had virtually nothing in common with them. In recess I sat in a bench and read, while my classmates played childish games. And I disliked them because I found them 'slow minds'.
    Of course, I liked talking with adults, because they always said 'interesting things'

And my first dream job was being a sea biologyst.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had a hand-drawn 'map' of the school so I could find my kindergarden class on the first day of school. I always drew maps for everything, places outside with things on them like 'The lightning tree' and The Triangle (where three trees had fallen in a triangle shape). I also mapped out dungeons and places in old video and computer games.

I started recording the locations of bombs in Minesweeper and putting them in Excel sheets to try to figure out of there was a set number of re-used patterns or if it was truly random.

I collected rocks to my mothers great frustration, and kept them in a big box, separated into smaller squares... grouping them by different things: Ones with Fossils, Ones that had sparkles, Ones that were different colors, etc etc etc.

I read constantly, and loved organizing my home 'library' all the time. My Mom had to ground me from my books to get my attention, since nothing else worked. When she would tell me I should 'go outside and play' I would smuggle a book outside in my jacket.

I wore the weirdest clothes to school, and could never understand why people would laugh at my ensemble.

I won a Dictionary for being the school Spelling Bee winner

I spent a LOT of time with the principle for not doing homework. It was pointless in my opinion.

I LOVED writing poetry (and still do) as a kind of challenge or word-game, as well as one of the only forms of self-expression of FEELINGS that I could find. (Not even necessarily MY feelings, just any feeling in general. I would take what I thought the feeling should be, and try to create it on paper)

I excelled at classes where subjective answers (like an essay question) were often seen, but could not do well with Math or Chemistry, which required a more A -> B -> C kind of thinking.

I sucked at sports, but anything that I could memorize as a 'routine' I was phenominal with and would nail to perfection. (Color Guard routines and Tap Dancing/Clogging)

I spent HUGE amounts of effort organizing my Spanish Notebook/Binder in highschool, and kept it from year to year, building as I went. Languages were super-easy and something I excelled at, along with computers. (I work in IT now and used to work as a Bilingual Translator)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Maps are fun! When I was at summer camp I once drew up a map of the base and a few of the staff were a little creeped out about the accuracy. A week later someone bought it off me to use for planning something; a few day after that the cannon out front of HQ was painted our company's color. LOL!
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, I always liked math, and getting the one-up on being smarter than people. And whenever I meet someone smarter than me, I really like them ^_^.

The J came about early on in college when I realized I liked to do everything efficiently, and the E even later in a leadership course in which I simply took control of my group because I could, and found that I liked it. A LOT.

MBTI
    INXP

Floyd->Zeppelin/other->Literature. Discovering I could concentrate these things with isolation (not knowing at the time that it was actually interdependent to something of a conventional life).

Now I am an INTP that procrastinates even thought.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Or was there a defining moment that caused you to be interested in science, philosophy, journalism ect...?
    String Theory (Kaluza-Klein) was a big inspiration as a kid.

Intradimensionality is a hefty coin to carry; M-Theory offers a purse of possibilities...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Have you ever had a defining moment that defined you as an NT?
    I think it was that one time when I was eight years old and vomited on the sneeze guard at the Grand China Buffet... wait, a sec, wrong thread sorry.

i have been interested in astronomy since young and geography, science- biology, chemistry, shapes, literature .
    Last edited by Jasdevi; 08-14-2008 at 04:43 AM. Reason: i typed something wrongly

MBTI
    ENTP

I got three people (two of them I'd just met) to concede their points almost simultaneously using tight logic and flowery rhetoric while hanging outside of the library at college.... I was high... it was then I realized I was an NT fo' sho'.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    I got three people (two of them I'd just met) to concede their points almost simultaneously using tight logic and flowery rhetoric while hanging outside of the library at college.... I was high... it was then I realized I was an NT fo' sho'.
    College kids though? That's kid stuff. Literally!