User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Have you ever had a defining moment that defined you as an NT?

For example, was there any book or conversation that really sparked your imagination like no other?

Or was there a defining moment that caused you to be interested in science, philosophy, journalism ect...?

If so could you share what the event was and the effect it had on you?

I am interested in defining moments in people's lives and I was curious what that would look like for an NT.
    I'm having one now, but I can't talk about it just yet.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    The very first time they correct a teacher for something other than pronunciation of their own name.

My guess.
    I actually corrected my gifted and talented teacher about his spelling on the chalk board in front of the whole class.

My defining T moment was in Kindergarten. I went to check out Jules Verne books from the library. The librarian told me I couldn't possibly be capable of reading books that level yet. I didn't say anything to her because she was the adult, but I distinctly remember thinking she was ignorant because I had been reading similar level material for a year and a half.

Edit: I'm not a brain or anything. My parents pushed my education earlier than normal.
    Last edited by 01011010; 08-10-2008 at 04:55 PM.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I was nine, at the wedding of my mother's cousin. I was going through my first animal taxanomy phase, and my mom's cousin worked with primates. She had a lot of other friends that did stuff concerning animals.

I approached four zoologists at a table, told them about monotremes and the giant pangolin. They thought I was making it all up. If I had the damn book where I got it from with me, I would have shown it to them.

Oddly, the situation didn't make me angry. I was at a loss, though.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Basically always getting into "logical" debates from a very early age whenever I got in trouble. I also picked up languages pretty quickly and would always prefer the company of adults who had something to teach me, or science books about whatever fascinated me at the time.
    Ditto. I'll add that there was little discretion used in getting into these logical debates. I had little respect for authority derived from position, which meant that I visited principals' offices from kindergarten through the last year of high school. "But why?", "but that doesn't make sense", and "wouldn't it work better if..." were my anthems. I remember myself as a good kid, but not everybody would agree I also was inseparable from things like encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc. and had no interest in dolls, etc. I had homemade labs before I got into classes where I could play with the real stuff
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I also was inseparable from things like encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc. and had no interest in dolls, etc. I had homemade labs before I got into classes where I could play with the real stuff
    *chuckles at his own memories of encyclopedias and his mother's reactions to his experiments*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    *chuckles at his own memories of encyclopedias and his mother's reactions to his experiments*
    spill!
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

spill!
    Parent's do not take kindly to their children attempting to make light bulbs, but instead making a (very, very, very weak) rail gun and nearly burning the house down. I have once almost blown myself, my siblings and half my cousins up while demonstrating to them electrolysis. I also once left a bowl full of water and rotting vegitation to see what happened.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

bad kitty. At least mine endangered no human lives.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

bad kitty. At least mine endangered no human lives.
    Eh, my more daring experiments were during a time when I placed little value on life. I was a very bored and depressed grade schooler.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    NeTi

I invented two languages by the time I was 15. And by languages I mean they were developed to the point of decent communicability. I even developed individual grammatics for each, including writing patterns and explanations for dipthong use.