User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    Edgar,

I am very perceptive, but I am trying my best to take things for face value. I made it a goal to be more logical. I feel he does care for me, but I don't know the level of care he has for me. I have my own assumptions..., but I rather hear what other INTJ/NT's think.
    Forget about your goal to be "more logical". It won't do you any good to try to be someone you are not. Just try to understand INTJ's thought process. That's what MBTI is all about anyway.

He is interested in you, that much is obvious. But INTJs do not like to make promises they cannot keep, especially when it comes to something as sensitive as a romantic relationship. As stated before by other INTJs here, we express our affection through actions a lot more than words. So if you are waiting for the words, you won't hear them, not for a long while anyway.

INTJs do not fall in love the same way NFs do. There is no "love at first sight". INTJs become interested, then they make gradual steps toward getting closer to a person, then as they find out more about the person they either start falling in love, or they move on.

The only way for you to get an accurate answer is to spend enough time with him where you can both see whether this is worth taking to another level.

That's all there is to it.

MBTI
    ENFP

I do know what you mean Soleil but then do you also find that part of you prefers the mystery... Concrete has it's place.. ie the basement of your home... But then I know that it's nice to have it also (Am soooo in two minds tonight) ignore my post it will confuse u even more
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Forget about your goal to be "more logical". It won't do you any good to try to be someone you are not. Just try to understand INTJ's thought process. That's what MBTI is all about anyway.

He is interested in you, that much is obvious. But INTJs do not like to make promises they cannot keep, especially when it comes to something as sensitive as a romantic relationship. As stated before by other INTJs here, we express our affection through actions a lot more than words. So if you are waiting for the words, you won't hear them, not for a long while anyway.

INTJs do not fall in love the same way NFs do. There is no "love at first sight". INTJs become interested, then they make gradual steps toward getting closer to a person, then as they find out more about the person they either start falling in love, or they move on.

The only way for you to get an accurate answer is to spend enough time with him where you can both see whether this is worth taking to another level.

That's all there is to it.
    Okay.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I do know what you mean Soleil but then do you also find that part of you prefers the mystery... Concrete has it's place.. ie the basement of your home... But then I know that it's nice to have it also (Am soooo in two minds tonight) ignore my post it will confuse u even more

Lol, you're funny. . I love mystery. It's about balance for me though.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Yea I know what you mean I like balance sometimes but I must admit I love mystery even more I like the period of time just before things happen.. I think I have said this somewhere before... That's why Friday's are always better than Saturday's, Christmas eve is always better than Christmas day etc... I'm such an ENFP aren't I in love with the idea of the possibilities but not in love with the actual possibilitiues themselves LOL Hopeless

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Yea I know what you mean I like balance sometimes but I must admit I love mystery even more I like the period of time just before things happen.. I think I have said this somewhere before... That's why Friday's are always better than Saturday's, Christmas eve is always better than Christmas day etc... I'm such an ENFP aren't I in love with the idea of the possibilities but not in love with the actual possibilitiues themselves LOL Hopeless
    I won't even try to lie, I like the same things. I never had balance so, I really want that! I am very ENFP about possibilities too, hehe. :-x
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

LOL we are just suckers for them right...

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I don't know what you mean by love, but we're quite capable of forming this deep chemistry-induced connection at first sight that demands action. Doesn't stop the overanalysing, of course.

I had always thought of the phenomenon of falling in love as non-type-related, the reaction to it might be different, but it seems like the manifestation itself need not be. Am I wrong?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I don't know what you mean by love, but we're quite capable of forming this deep chemistry-induced connection at first sight that demands action. Doesn't stop the overanalysing, of course.

I had always thought of the phenomenon of falling in love as non-type-related, the reaction to it might be different, but it seems like the manifestation itself need not be. Am I wrong?
    When I speak of love, I speak of the the third, and final stage of love as defined by some (most likely NT) social scientist:

1. Lust
    2. Romantic obsession
    3. Attachment

From this INTJ's point of view, "love at first sight" is absurd because how in the world can I love someone if I know nothing about them? I might be immensely attracted to them in a physical sense, but those things are fleeting. Before I can make a lifelong commitment and experience someone else's utility as my own (i.e. what's good for them is good for me), I first have to know the person.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post

Pheromones?

I think is a combination of a few things actually. Chemistry-induced connections are unbelievable. I wouldn't say it has much to do with type though. Anyone could experience it. That's my take on it.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp