• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Nts and spatial perception?

charliefoxtrot

MBTI Type
INTP
If I run in intuition mode and don't THINK about it too much and second-guess myself...my spatial perception runs beautifully with little effort. The first time I play any game requiring spatial perception, or the first time I navigate something, I do better than I do most subsequent times. It's when I try and figure out what I did and stumble across all the possibilities that I make mistakes.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I guess it's good, I always found that as bad I did in visual tests I'd still do better than average.
I suck at maths but used to be good at it, I don't know, may be related to me being a slacker and the math teachers making maths look like freaking magic instead of introducing some mechanics. It's useless to know technical stuffs If you don't even get the underlying logics.
I've always been "really good at shooters" also, used to play quake years back, your brain basically has to do supercomputer grade calculations in a speeded up environnement.

ps: SOme of you guys should really stop doing IQ tests on the internet. Especially the part about taking them several times so you'd get 'training' until you get the score you where hoping for.
Most internet IQ tests are designed for idiots so they'd get some nice score and would buy the 'full version', or designed by 'normal people' who don't get that a wierd puzzle at the end doesn't mean it's designed for smart people but rather for nerds.
I did real IQ tests when I was younger. Even the fact that you're not actually alone in front of your computer changes the score, let's face it.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I did real IQ tests when I was younger. Even the fact that you're not actually alone in front of your computer changes the score, let's face it.

Yeah, actually I score much better when I am not in front of the computer, it's easier to work things out on paper rather than when you are reading them on a monitor.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm an architect, so I'd say my spatial perception couldn't be that bad.

In fact, I am trained to evaluate distances on sight, and with a rather good accuracy. It's part of my job!
I only have to look at a building, and usually, I can tell you whether it's 25 or 27 meters tall.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah, actually I score much better when I am not in front of the computer, it's easier to work things out on paper rather than when you are reading them on a monitor.

yeah.. modesty is not my strong suit either, but hey, I'm trying.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
If spatial perception is that thing on tests where you have to spot which block-shape has been rotated 90 degrees to the right from the original position, then I am awesome at that. If, however, it means being able to judge distances, then I am dead terrible.

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm fairly decent with spatial perception. Most of the tests I have taken relating to spatial perception show it as a strength, although I have to think about it--mostly I am pretty good at rotating objects in my mind. In general though I am good at orienteering and judging distances.

T

ThatGirl

I often wonder the accuracy of these tests that meausre spacial intelligence. I almost always score strongly in this catagory, but am the most likely to get lost, and turned around, or become clumsy like dropping a pen on to the counter about three inches from it.

Then again I dont really know what spacial intelligence consists of, so.

Moonwalker

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've done a couple of aviation-psychological tests for job purposes and my highest score has always been on the spatial perception part.