User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INTj

I think NT's bridge the gap of having excellent spatial awareness, and yet still being as clumsy as all sin.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinheiko View Post
    I think NT's bridge the gap of having excellent spatial awareness, and yet still being as clumsy as all sin.
    That's because you're confounding spatial skill/ability with immediate awareness/attention of surrounding environment .... any die-hard NT will do this latter part!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What does it mean? I might have some trouble parking my car, sometimes - not being sure about the distance between the car and another car. However, in the typical "IQ tests", I tend to get 100 percent correct scores in the spatial patterns questions - it's definitely my best area.
    Moi aussi...

Here's my take on the spatial-visual disconnection. NTs are very good at visualizing... as in mental manipulation of objects. It's very easy to turn something about inside my head then project the necessary "details" like casting shadows, patterns etc. But these aren't true "details" as observed in real life by an SP. For example in mental objects, we seldom have to estimate or measure out distances or notice irregularities in the objects. How could we when the mental object is "flawless" (all details accounted for) and can be altered to fit whatever shape and size we desire? This little set of "details" is of great importances when it comes to navigation or maneuvering objects in real life. If we can somehow create a machine that will notice all of these little details for us then we'll be as good outside as we are in our heads.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ok, i m quiet average in it... i m propably a more intellectual curious and spiritual aware SP ;p- therefore an unhealthy type, or a person striving for balance...
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I have good spatial perception usually. But if I'm not paying most of my attention to my immediate physical environment, my mind goes elsewhere and my spatial skills end.

Back when I played sports more often, I was good if I was in the zone, but I also zoned out a lot and that was my biggest problem.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

My spatial perception is probably my most developed mental attribute of all. I have an internal GPS system built into my brain or something of that nature. My first time as an adult in dallas, and I was able to get around the city in no time. I can be lost in the middle of the woods and figure out exactly where I am (no exaggeration). Even in the trunk of a car, I could usually figure out where the hell I am or being taken. I am also really good with 3d stuff like the logic box games and other exercises requiring spatial abilities.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFJ

I can do it in my head, or I can do things physically with small, close-by things. Anything larger and farther away is ultimately going to screw up because of depth perception problems.

Me: Pff, Empire States Building isn't that big.
    Brother: Hap, it's far away. Look at it compared to the other skyscrapers.
    Me: ...Oh.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    PINT

IQ tests say it's my strength, but I don't believe in them anyway...

In everyday situations it is more of a concentration thing - if i'm focussed I can orientate myself quite easily. Same for getting into a parking space, either I manage it on the first try or I fail badly (and no, not because the space is too small ).
    Daylight bores the sunshine out of me...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What does it mean? I might have some trouble parking my car, sometimes - not being sure about the distance between the car and another car. However, in the typical "IQ tests", I tend to get 100 percent correct scores in the spatial patterns questions - it's definitely my best area.
    Pretty much sums it up... And it's like the fifth time you've done that!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INxJ

In real time, it sucks. I shouldn't be allowed to drive or even walk freely amongst other people, for prevention of injury.