User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    What about if you've been talking to this person for a while now, still first conversation and s/he has a certain attitude, twitch, whatever, that bugs you. You see, what I'm looking for is how do you guys 'hint' that you don't like the person and therefore would like to leave the conversation and not meet them again, and how is it different from the banter you use to bond?
    If I don't like you, you won't be talking to me. I'll give you short responses, look disinterested and will try to make a fast escape.

If I like you and I'm making comments then they're almost always meant in a light-hearted way.

You'll be able to tell if my sarcastic comments are meant in a nasty way as I'll have a slightly aggressive tone to my voice and I'll be frowning.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    If I don't like you, you won't be talking to me. I'll give you short responses, look disinterested and will try to make a fast escape.

If I like you and I'm making comments then they're almost always meant in a light-hearted way.

You'll be able to tell if my sarcastic comments are meant in a nasty way as I'll have a slightly aggressive tone to my voice and I'll be frowning.

That's interesting...so if you don't like someone..do they get a chance to redeem themselves or is that it?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Grin, it tends to get confirmed later down the line
    Don't discount it coz it's a feeling. And there are different gradations in connections, btw.
    I am not saying that there is no connection at all I am questioning how deep you actually go.
    The question is: Do you really go deep or you think that you do.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am not saying that there is no connection at all I am questioning how deep you actually go.
    The question is: Do you really go deep or you think that you do.
    Depend on the person. I've had all kinds of connections with people. But I've had several people being surprised at telling me things they tell no one, and I consider that pretty deep and special. I also tend to have conversations with those people for hours on end about personal stuff. The most intimate connections are often with people that over time become soulmates. And yes, I do check if they feel the same way
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ

That's interesting...so if you don't like someone..do they get a chance to redeem themselves or is that it?
    It depends. If they're the type of person that's generally aggressive, arrogant and nasty then no, I won't ever want to talk to them.

Other than that I am quite a forgiving person and can be quite sociable so there's always an opportunity for them to either apologise if they've wronged me, admit they were wrong, come to some understanding with me, or prove that they are either interesting, funny or competent.

Depend on the person. I've had all kinds of connections with people. But I've had several people being surprised at telling me things they tell no one, and I consider that pretty deep and special. I also tend to have conversations with those people for hours on end about personal stuff. The most intimate connections are often with people that over time become soulmates. And yes, I do check if they feel the same way
    The reason why my posts have so much sceptiscism is because this kind of things in not typical behaviour for me and I don't understand it in all of its aspects.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    The reason why my posts have so much scepticism is because this kind of things in not typical behaviour for me and I don't understand it in all of its aspects.
    I know, and I don't mind your sceptiscism
    I realize that it doesn't work that way for you. And I wish I could take you to my world and show it to you, so you could understand. But I'm happy just sharing how I understand the world, if you are in need of such answers.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

I know, and I don't mind your sceptiscism
    I realize that it doesn't work that way for you. And I wish I could take you to my world and show it to you, so you could understand. But I'm happy just sharing how I understand the world, if you are in need of such answers.
    Saying that I don't understand is not completly true I understand the motives, dinamics and logic of this. It is just that F part is out of my reach and I am not particulary bothered by this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

So how is one to tell them apart with NT's? I mean, when you know someone already, then it usually isn't that hard to tell, but when you've just met them and they make a potentially hurtful comment, it can be hard. What are the telltale signs that we shouldn't take it serious, and when do you actually mean it? Or, do you use those remarks to test the waters yourself? Help us poor confused NF's understand... *goes hide*
    It's such a good question. I don't understand banter and some of the things NTs say to each other set my hair on end, so they do make me nervous, too. Even with ones I know well, I never feel like I know what's really going on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.