User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 91

  1. #61
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I was saying what could happen with you and INTx group.

    One question
    Why placing imperative on connection with other people by a so large degree?
    That's what makes me tick. I enjoy understanding others and bonding. It's a nice fuzzy feeling Small talk I've heard all before. But what is really going on in a persons mind and soul..that's incredibly interesting to hear. Makes me feel alive It's comparable to you having an 'AHA'-moment when experiencing a break-through with your abstract theories, I would wager.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #62
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    That's what makes me tick. I enjoy understanding others and bonding. It's a nice fuzzy feeling Small talk I've heard all before. But what is really going on in a persons mind and soul..that's incredibly interesting to hear. Makes me feel alive It's comparable to you having an 'AHA'-moment when experiencing a break-through with your abstract theories, I would wager.
    I can see your point and analogy is not 100% correct. Since I enjoy destroying my ideas and replacing them with better ones. But something tells me that you don't do that with friends. However I see your point.

    Also I think you have nailed your own problem. If you want so much to look in others people mind I am not suprised that you can end up being rejected.
    What in the end casues emotional problems for you.

  3. #63
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I can see your point and analogy is not 100% correct. Since I enjoy destroying my ideas and replacing them with better ones. But something tells me that you don't do that with friends. However I see your point.

    Also I think you have nailed your own problem. If you want so much to look in others people mind I am not suprised that you can end up being rejected.
    What in the end casues emotional problems for you.
    I don't mind rejection as such, but it does make me wonder as to the reason I guess. If you let me know how to relate to you, whether or not in this deep way or in a superficial one, I'm all ok with that. It's the uncertainty of not knowing however that drives me mental

    And thank you for not nitpicking at my analogy and understanding it the way I meant it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #64
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I disagree with you on that You might feel that way, but I tend to get along with several male INTX as I love some brains in a man, and somehow they do not seem to mind my company at all although my primary language is feeling, and my main goal is to establish an emotional connection with the other person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hehe, well I didn't really think INTx congregated in group, other than online
    And the reason I take things personal is because I tend to cut the small talk and go straight for actually getting to know the person. And yes, it might be why sometimes I get hurt. It's also very rewarding when that connection does happen though. However, if that connection isn't there, I tend to disconnect myself unless I really do find them interesting. At this point I do not do the 'feeling'-thing though, just the curiosity-thing.

    Like you, I do do the small talk when forced into it, but generally it bores me. I prefer a more personal one-on-one with a person though, or a good banter session in group (a chance to be silly is always fun), but that's it. Hence first encounters try my patience often, till I can figure out when it is safe to banter or get more personal. I guess what I'm looking for with this thread is a way to cut through all the small talk and get to the good stuff
    OK, Amargith. Let's cut the banter.
    Don't play to type. INTX men don't have monopoly on intelligence. This is what I'm hearing from you: I find INTXs fascinating, but I don't like the way they won't give me the sort of emotional connection and respect for my feelings that I think I deserve. Please tell me how I can get them to give me what I want.

    I think this is a bad position to start from. Emotional connection with random strangers isn't high on the list of priorities for INTs. This isn't something you can strategize, if someone has different needs and interaction style from you then I advise that you either modify your demands or look elsewhere. You can't get blood from a stone. If you are unable to tell whether someone is serious or joking, and you are unable to ask them directly, then you don't have a connection with that person and emotional intimacy is unlikely to occur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #65
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I don't mind rejection as such, but it does make me wonder as to the reason I guess. If you let me know how to relate to you, whether or not in this deep way or in a superficial one, I'm all ok with that. It's the uncertainty of not knowing however that drives me mental

    And thank you for not nitpicking at my analogy and understanding it the way I meant it
    1. Why do you have problems with not knowing did you or did you not make a connection? I simply don't see the reason why so much frustration in the air about it.


    2.Would that course of action make any sense?

  6. #66
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    OK, Amargith. Let's cut the banter.
    Don't play to type. INTX men don't have monopoly on intelligence. This is what I'm hearing from you: I find INTXs fascinating, but I don't like the way they won't give me the sort of emotional connection and respect for my feelings that I think I deserve. Please tell me how I can get them to give me what I want.

    I think this is a bad position to start from. Emotional connection with random strangers isn't high on the list of priorities for INTs. This isn't something you can strategize, if someone has different needs and interaction style from you then I advise that you either modify your demands or look elsewhere. You can't get blood from a stone. If you are unable to tell whether someone is serious or joking, and you are unable to ask them directly, then you don't have a connection with that person and emotional intimacy is unlikely to occur.
    Then you heard wrong I never said they have the monopoly on intelligence. But I do tend to get talking with I's more than E's. I find ENTP's also very interesting, but that's not the type I usually end up talking to (with a few exceptions). You also misunderstood what I want. I want to understand. I do very much enjoy the rare occasions I can make a deep emotional connection, but I'm fine with just knowing where I stand with them as well and keeping it superficial. It's the uncertainty I'm trying to get a grip on I know connections with other people are not high on their list of priorities, but when they do make one, it's definitely worth the wait, IME.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    1. Why do you have problems with not knowing did you or did you not make a connection? I simply don't see the reason why so much frustration in the air about it. 2.Would that course of action make any sense?
    I usually know when a connection isn't working. What I'm uncertain about sometimes, is why. Occasionally it's clear: differences in values, opinions that are too sensitive to debate, or just a general dislike of too much interaction, or just plain rubbing each other the wrong way and not being able to get on the same page. And sometimes you can still readjust and superficially connect when you know what the cause is. When you don't know the cause, you cannot fix it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #67
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I usually know when a connection isn't working. What I'm uncertain about sometimes, is why. Occasionally it's clear: differences in values, opinions that are too sensitive to debate, or just a general dislike of too much interaction, or just plain rubbing each other the wrong way and not being able to get on the same page. And sometimes you can still readjust and superficially connect when you know what the cause is. When you don't know the cause, you cannot fix it
    How do you actually know that you have actually made a connection?



    You can fix it without knowing but in that case it is unlikely.

  8. #68
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How do you actually know that you have actually made a connection? You can fix it without knowing but in that case it is unlikely.
    It's a feeling mostly. I guess it has to do with the responses of the other, who invested s/he is and if you are actually understanding what the other is saying, thinking and feeling.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #69
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It's a feeling mostly. I guess it has to do with the responses of the other, who invested s/he is and if you are actually understanding what the other is saying, thinking and feeling.
    But, as you say that is only a feeling. Which means you maybe don't make deep connection as you think.
    Can it be that that you are exaggerating about this and you don't even know it since you are doing it simply because you have needs?

  10. #70
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    But, as you say that is only a feeling. Which means you maybe don't make deep connection as you think.
    Can it be that that you are exaggerating about this and you don't even know it since you are doing it simply because you have needs?
    Grin, it tends to get confirmed later down the line
    Don't discount it coz it's a feeling. And there are different gradations in connections, btw.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. What problems occupy your mind?
    By ptgatsby in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
  2. What blows your mind?
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs, what's on your mind?
    By Terian in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 01:48 AM
  4. What boggles your mind?
    By prplchknz in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
  5. What stimulates your mind...
    By The_Liquid_Laser in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO