User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 91

  1. #51
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Bluemonday is SO obvious.... indeed.

  2. #52
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    It's irrational to state that a minority population is "normal".
    Don't you think that word "normal" is subjective enough that it can be used like this?

  3. #53
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #54
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Ohh blue. you know just how to make a guy's heart melt.
    Fuck off
    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Bluemonday is SO obvious.... indeed.
    Fuck off
    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Don't you think that word normal is subjective enough that it can be used like this?
    No. Fuck off
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    You can just fuck off too,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #55
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Wanna play warcraft?

  6. #56
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    When you talk to INTs don't talk too much and don't insist on creating a emotional connection. Females that are trying to know more about your feelings are genarally quite boring. Not intimidating just boring.
    I disagree with you on that You might feel that way, but I tend to get along with several male INTX as I love some brains in a man, and somehow they do not seem to mind my company at all although my primary language is feeling, and my main goal is to establish an emotional connection with the other person. But I'll take your input under advisement when dealing with you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #57
    Member Ezion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    45

    Default

    It depends. I'm inclined to crack jokes at others expense, but only towards those I know well, and I generally follow it up with some sort of statement that implies I'm just kidding around, or express it outright.

    It really depends on the NT in question. Some of the underdeveloped introverts may appear extremely abrasive, which may or may not be intentional. Either way, I wouldn't take it personally, as it disarms the comment (regardless of whether or not it was personal).

    Myself, I never intentionally personally target someone with malicious intent. One of the logical justifications is as follows.
    1a. From a functional point of view, people are resources for knowledge, understanding, and accomplishing goals.
    1b. Alienating people through hostile actions generally causes them to withdraw and makes them less inclined to provide you with the resource you desire.
    2. Therefore, maliciously targetting people reduces your available resources.

    That is from a purely logical and functional standpoint. From an emotional standpoint, targetting someone tends to create a lot of negative emotions, which over time can lead to an emotional situation that I have a hard time dealing with.
    //Ti:52|Ne:46.8|Te:36.6|Ni:32.4|Si:21.5|Fi:21.3|Se:20.5|Fe:9.3\\ 5w4 (L4, SX/SP)
    My Game Development Blog - Now With Once Per Month Updates!
    *Checks updating schedule*
    Wait, I lied. Less than once per month updates.

  8. #58
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I disagree with you on that You might feel that way, but I tend to get along with several male INTX as I love some brains in a man, and somehow they do not seem to mind my company at all although my primary language is feeling, and my main goal is to establish an emotional connection with the other person. But I'll take your input under advisement when dealing with you
    Aren't we talking about first impressions here?

    I think you took my words too personally. I was talking about what could happen with INTxs as a group.

    I have said "your feelings" in general I was not talking about myself but I know that INTx could have problems with this.

    This is exactly why you can end up hurt.
    You take things on presonal level too seriously.




    I will tell you a story.

    Some time ago, some very far relatives came to visit.

    When they left my father said to me "In the case that I don't know you your whole life I would have said that you have truly enjoyed this. Your acting skills are really good ."

    Because of impersonal nature I had to develope this skill for my own good and good of others.

  9. #59
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Aren't we talking about first impressions here?

    I think you took my words too personally. I was talking about what could happen with INTxs as a group.

    I have said "your feelings" in general I was not talking about myself but I know that INTx could have problems with this.

    This is exactly why you can end up hurt.
    You take things on presonal level too seriously.

    I will tell you a story.

    Some time ago, some very far relatives came to visit.

    When they left my father said to me "In the case that I don't know you your whole life I would have said that you have truly enjoyed this. Your acting skills are really good ."

    Because of impersonal nature I had to develope this skill for my own good and good of others.
    Hehe, well I didn't really think INTx congregated in group, other than online
    And the reason I take things personal is because I tend to cut the small talk and go straight for actually getting to know the person. And yes, it might be why sometimes I get hurt. It's also very rewarding when that connection does happen though. However, if that connection isn't there, I tend to disconnect myself unless I really do find them interesting. At this point I do not do the 'feeling'-thing though, just the curiosity-thing.

    Like you, I do do the small talk when forced into it, but generally it bores me. I prefer a more personal one-on-one with a person though, or a good banter session in group (a chance to be silly is always fun), but that's it. Hence first encounters try my patience often, till I can figure out when it is safe to banter or get more personal. I guess what I'm looking for with this thread is a way to cut through all the small talk and get to the good stuff
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #60
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hehe, well I didn't really think INTx congregated in group, other than online
    And the reason I take things personal is because I tend to cut the small talk and go straight for actually getting to know the person. And yes, it might be why sometimes I get hurt. It's also very rewarding when that connection does happen though. However, if that connection isn't there, I tend to disconnect myself unless I really do find them interesting. At this point I do not do the 'feeling'-thing though, just the curiosity-thing.

    Like you, I do do the small talk when forced into it, but generally it bores me. I prefer a more personal one-on-one with a person though, or a good banter session in group (a chance to be silly is always fun), but that's it. Hence first encounters try my patience often, till I can figure out when it is safe to banter or get more personal. I guess what I'm looking for with this thread is a way to cut through all the small talk and get to the good stuff
    I was saying what could happen with you and INTx group.

    One question
    Why placing imperative on connection with other people by a so large degree?

Similar Threads

  1. What problems occupy your mind?
    By ptgatsby in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
  2. What blows your mind?
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs, what's on your mind?
    By Terian in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 01:48 AM
  4. What boggles your mind?
    By prplchknz in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
  5. What stimulates your mind...
    By The_Liquid_Laser in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO