• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] you know you are a NT when..

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know you're an INTP when you have plenty of ideas on how to make your schedule a ton more effecient, but you just don't have the time to get around doing it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You know you're an INTP when you have plenty of ideas on how to make your schedule a ton more effecient, but you just don't have the time to get around doing it.

Um, not just INTPs... I can't even bring myself to do the schedule, much less the required task.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pardon me, I meant "You know you're an NTP". ;)

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
ENTP- ...you get offended, smile freezes, and you make a polite (but hasty) exit
INTP- ...you exit
INTJ- ...you stomp off wondering why your friends made you meet this person
ENTJ- ...you make them pay :devil:*

*results may very based on the level of offensiveness. Sometimes, we are quite impressed and hang around to learn from the master.

Qre:us

NT=> You get can get extremely heated in debates...Everyone does but NTs do this to a beyond belief extent. I've seen them hit tables, get angry, continue the debates in the bathroom.
I talked with an NT once and we disagreed he literally "hunted" me down to continue the debate.

:sorry: Guilty as charged.

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
...you avoid agreeing or finding common ground to resolve a dispute, even if it is extremely impractical. :duel:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NT=> You get can get extremely heated in debates...Everyone does but NTs do this to a beyond belief extent. I've seen them hit tables, get angry, continue the debates in the bathroom.
I talked with an NT once and we disagreed he literally "hunted" me down to continue the debate.

I don't enjoy debating with other types that much because it's a waste of time and things get taken too personally. I get that most people view debate as arguing. So I don't do it. However, I do love debating another NT. Preferably ENTP/INTP debates. :wubbie: There is nothing personal yet everyone around us is walking on eggshells thinking we hate each other or telling us to "calm down" :laugh:

Cut to ENTP/INTP look at each other and laugh - then get back to our "heated" debate. :newwink:

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you know you're an INTP when you memorize all possible variations of Scrabble words that are one, two, and three letter combinations (all from the official Scrabble dictionary)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would change that to:

INTP - People think that you know everything, but really you've just been bluffing the entire time, every second of the day you feel like an intellectual imposter and every social interaction is fraught with the possibility of being exposed as the fraud you richly deserve to be exposed as, so you minimise these occurrences at the expense of your already tenuous purchase on reality by keeping to yourself in a dimly lit room constantly rambling so you can't hear the one pure thought that runs through your mind on a continual loop that says, "You're nothing, you're unintelligent and unobservant and you should be spending your time packing groceries rather than aspiring to high hierarchical positions in a rich fantasy world of your choosing."

I would change that to:

INTP - Though you have an endless thirst for every type of intellectual subject and pursue feeding yourself with a little bit of information about everything, at the end of the day you doubt yourself and your abilities to make sense of or meaningfully formulate something from all of this accumulated knowledge.

Probably a combination of the two, for me at least.

Except for the part about bluffing all the time and the specifics of the room, that first one is painfully accurate :17425:

mszoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
from what ive seen here, i guess im more like an NT when i play Scrabble :D

You know you're an NT, when you say to your partner, "oh you have a new ____", but they got it over a month ago... from you...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When someone asks you if you have ever been to the netherlands and you say "Only for short trips" :D And he thinks you went there to buy weed and says he can totally picture that -.- :D

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you are an NT woman when constantly think your life would be easier if you were a man, and you are not even gay.

I say and/or think this every single day.

Ditto

My daughter and I were having a discussion the other day about why I'm not married (She's 9 and tells me constantly that I need to date more.). I know she has felt the lack of a father figure over the years, and I was joking that I don't need a husband since I can do everything myself. I told her that maybe the guys were just confused or scared about the fact that I take Kung Fu and can fix things on my car or put things together on my own. Her reply?

"Mom - It isn't your fault. If they had come along sooner you wouldn't have had to learn to do all these things on your own!"

:hug:

colourscientist

You know you are an NT when you recognize this as a cleverly designed trap to waste a few hours of your life by falling into the Google<->Wikipedia loop.

...and click on it anyway.

:D i couldn't see the fictional examples coming either, so unfair.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When some time in your primary school years, during assembly, you looked around you and thought to yourself, "There's 300 of us and only 12 of them. We could easily revolt."

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You know you're an NT, when you say to your partner, "oh you have a new ____", but they got it over a month ago... from you...

Oh, man! This kind of stuff happens to me all the time. I will always forget gossip I heard, too. "Did I know that?" is a constant refrain.