User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 125

  1. #61
    Senior Member norepinephrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    402

    Default

    You know you're an NT when you are reading something in the news that you aren't familiar with and then, overwhelmed by the thought that you SHOULD know what this is, you end up on Wikipedia where you read the main article first and get lost in a plethora of clicking, backing up, clicking again on something else, backtracking again, clicking three times reading up on new, linked topics and suddenly you feel the need to start mapping out where you've been so you dont forget to backtrack to something you were interested in and meant to go back to....

    Two hours later you close the browser window feeling like you just had sex.
    The irritating segue. Quite possibly the motivating force behind most of the technological advances throughout history. [Read months/years in place of hours]

  2. #62
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Nepoleon Dynomite preferences
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  3. #63
    Member Sachetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    you know you are a NT because - 'you are powerful, smart, brilliant, clever etc only as long as your emotions don't take control of you' / as long as you don't pay attention to your own emotions.

    and i think NTs are the most vulnerable to their own emotions. they just don't know what to do with it. i think that should be another point.
    I've found this to be very true in my life. For years I though that I (ENTP) was more emotional than others, since I had so many "disturbing feelings". Since then I've realized that I felt that way since I didn't like/accept the feeling side of me. I simply couldn't handle that part.

    Same goes with my NT friends. One ENTJ, who's a real go-getter, really sees himself as a very sensitive person but all his decisions are based on achieving his professional goals. He's got a splendid career but no luck in love or relationships.

    So, you're an NT when you don't know what to do with your feelings...

  4. #64
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sachetan View Post
    I've found this to be very true in my life. For years I though that I (ENTP) was more emotional than others, since I had so many "disturbing feelings". Since then I've realized that I felt that way since I didn't like/accept the feeling side of me. I simply couldn't handle that part.

    Same goes with my NT friends. One ENTJ, who's a real go-getter, really sees himself as a very sensitive person but all his decisions are based on achieving his professional goals. He's got a splendid career but no luck in love or relationships.

    So, you're an NT when you don't know what to do with your feelings...
    A. Use them for your advantage.
    B. Identify, eliminate.
    C. Ignore.

  5. #65
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    A. Use them for your advantage.
    B. Identify, eliminate.
    C. Ignore.
    You know you're an NT when you give advice such as this :P

  6. #66
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    You know you're an NT when you are reading something in the news that you aren't familiar with and then, overwhelmed by the thought that you SHOULD know what this is, you end up on Wikipedia where you read the main article first and get lost in a plethora of clicking, backing up, clicking again on something else, backtracking again, clicking three times reading up on new, linked topics and suddenly you feel the need to start mapping out where you've been so you dont forget to backtrack to something you were interested in and meant to go back to....
    Two hours later you close the browser window feeling like you just had sex.

    this is so freaking true. damn you. how come i missed that one?

  7. #67
    Senior Member ZiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sachetan View Post
    really sees himself as a very sensitive person...

    So, you're an NT when you don't know what to do with your feelings...

    YESSSS! I think of myself in a similar manner, but when I'm face to face with the person, staring down the demon of emotional expression...
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

  8. #68
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    You're an ENTP when you have to exlain every last little detail of a creative concept to an SJ who doesn't have afriggin clue what the hell a concepts it....

    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

    L

  9. #69
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You're an ENTP when you have to exlain every last little detail of a creative concept to an SJ who doesn't have afriggin clue what the hell a concepts it....

    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

    L
    While the SJ is the one, whose wife you fucked and who is holding the cord to your guillotine as you speak
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    You know you're an NT when you are reading something in the news that you aren't familiar with and then, overwhelmed by the thought that you SHOULD know what this is, you end up on Wikipedia where you read the main article first and get lost in a plethora of clicking, backing up, clicking again on something else, backtracking again, clicking three times reading up on new, linked topics and suddenly you feel the need to start mapping out where you've been so you dont forget to backtrack to something you were interested in and meant to go back to....
    Hey! I do that too. :boggle: That really an ENTP thing? Hrmm.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Similar Threads

  1. You know you are positive outlook when
    By Cat Brainz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2017, 04:53 PM
  2. [NT] NTs, "you know you are in love when...."
    By Antimony in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
  3. [INTJ] You know you are INTJ when...
    By callmemigs in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM
  4. [NT] NTs only, "You know you're in love when"
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 09:54 PM
  5. [ISFP] You know you are an isfp when...
    By nasmoe in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO