User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You'd think so, but I know several INTPs who get very upset very quickly if not allowed to be "the authority" on their areas of interest. This problem can come up with any NT, but it's especially pronounced among extremely Introverted ones because often their social skills are so poor that they don't *have* anything else.

When you challenge a strong INTP on one of his "areas of authority", you are striking directly at his self-esteem because his rational intelligence in those areas is often the only visible means of support for his self-image. (Think super nerdy chess players.) This is one time when the NT probably will NOT respond rationally--he'll go to such lengths to prove that he's rationally correct that he will actually show IRRATIONAL behavior by placing such an excess of importance on proving you wrong.

An ENTP will often just go find someone else to argue with, because their natural E function gives them much better social skills.

But if you challenge an INTP/INTJ in his area like this, be prepared for a shit storm.
    I've been guilty of this before and it's rather embarrassing.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Drifter View Post
    I've been guilty of this before and it's rather embarrassing.
    Details plz.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't exactly get angry when something like that happens unless it's obviously a blatant attack on my person. I do often get stubborn though and will either disregard the person or argument if they try to rebuttal something I know a lot about. I'm used to taking in new opinions and sorting fact from opinion and the like, so debating is actually a pasttime for me, though I'm not very good at doing it in person because I suck at verbal communication. Most importantly, I know when to say I'm wrong about something, as being humble is important I think.

To keep my post on topic:

You know your an INTJ if you study for 18 hours in a single day and then study a different subject to relax.

You know your an INTP if you contemplate an elaborate scheme, plan, or theory that could do great things, but not only cannot put it to action, you can't even describe it to other people properly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post

You know your an INTJ if you study for 18 hours in a single day and then study a different subject to relax.
    lmao

1. You know you're an INTJ when you go out of your way to go to the washroom on the upper floor of a library based on the calculation that the probability of getting a cleaner toilet is higher on the upper floor (where the more studious introverts are who are less likely to piss on the seats and so forth) compared to the lower floor. (Note: this is assuming that the washrooms are equal distances apart from where you are situated...obviously checking one bathroom if it's on the way to another would be even more efficient).

2. You know you're an INTJ when the word "footnote" gets used in about half your conversations.

3. You know you're an NT when you have a chessboard popping out of your gymbag.

4. You know you're an NT when you answer a question with a question (Note: other types do this occasionally but not to the degree NTs do on average).

5. You know you're an NT (or just a social dork) when you talk to a baby as if he or she is another adult.

6. You know you're an NT when the obsession of a simple idea can keep you up for nights on end. For example, in BGE Nietzsche poses the question "how could something originate in its antithesis?" I contemplated that on and off for months. More recently, I was inspired by a stock options trader who spoke about a project he did in a financial engineering course that tried to answer what would happen if an option price deviated from its theoretical value--say due to a large buy or sell order which was enough to offset the price from market equilibrium? I am neither trader nor commerce student...just an INTJ obsessed with mastering systems.

7. You know you're an NT when you categorize the utility of a person not according to a good-bad dichotomy, but according to probabilities and evaluations of the relative propensities for people to carry out actions and decisions which correspond and/or deviate from your personal belief system. Is that being judgmental? A question for an NT.

MBTI
    INTP

You know you're an INTP when you consider that it would be cool to give someone their Christmas presents in a puzzle box, then decide that the idea is impractical as you'll never be able to follow through making it, but nonetheless keep thinking about ways it could be made. Ultimately this leads to imagining a situation in which someone is trapped in a room with a slowly descending ceiling, with a lock behind a transparent surface so they can see the tumblers, and all the materials necessary to make a key, so they have to examine the lock and construct a key to fit it or they will die.
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

MBTI
    INTJ

You know you're an INTJ when you're playing a game of frustration (or ludo) and you're jokingly accused of calculating the odds before deciding upon a move.

You know you're an INTJ if you're the person people assume would most likely not be going to the staff christmas party.

You know you're an INTP if you can defeat an INTJ in a logical argument and make it seem like a trivial exercise.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by markjENTJ View Post
    INTP - you think you know everything.
    I would change that to:

INTP - People think that you know everything, but really you've just been bluffing the entire time, every second of the day you feel like an intellectual imposter and every social interaction is fraught with the possibility of being exposed as the fraud you richly deserve to be exposed as, so you minimise these occurrences at the expense of your already tenuous purchase on reality by keeping to yourself in a dimly lit room constantly rambling so you can't hear the one pure thought that runs through your mind on a continual loop that says, "You're nothing, you're unintelligent and unobservant and you should be spending your time packing groceries rather than aspiring to high hierarchical positions in a rich fantasy world of your choosing."
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I would change that to:

INTP - People think that you know everything, but really you've just been bluffing the entire time, every second of the day you feel like an intellectual imposter and every social interaction is fraught with the possibility of being exposed as the fraud you richly deserve to be exposed as, so you minimise these occurrences at the expense of your already tenuous purchase on reality by keeping to yourself in a dimly lit room constantly rambling so you can't hear the one pure thought that runs through your mind on a continual loop that says, "You're nothing, you're unintelligent and unobservant and you should be spending your time packing groceries rather than aspiring to high hierarchical positions in a rich fantasy world of your choosing."

Ack. Straight through the heart.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    No matter how much you subjectively like someone, you can't help but objectively tear them apart in your mind every time they do something illogical.
    At least, this simply proves that ENTPs might "subjectively" like someone (Tertiary Fe)...

While I'm not sure other NTs could...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INxJ

You had a difficult time getting a dvd player to work (you forgot to plug it in), but you understand all the underlying mechanics of it's design.