User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 125

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezion View Post
    I don't know everything?

    Nah,

    INTP - Your conversations are extremely scattered and jump between a broad variety of seemingly unrelated subjects, leaving 99% of people confused.
    You find yourself laughing at your own jokes more than anyone else.
    Damn that was so true :P .

  2. #12
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    No matter how much you subjectively like someone, you can't help but objectively tear them apart in your mind every time they do something illogical.
    YEAHHHHHHHH

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    No matter how much you subjectively like someone, you can't help but objectively tear them apart in your mind every time they do something illogical.
    Yes

  4. #14
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    You say something jokingly, and someone takes it seriously and objects, and you spend the next 15 minutes arguing your statement as if it wasn't a joke.

  5. #15
    Senior Member ed111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You say something jokingly, and someone takes it seriously and objects, and you spend the next 15 minutes arguing your statement as if it wasn't a joke.
    Ha ha ha... yes! Then remember afterwards to point out that it was, in fact, a joke.

  6. #16
    Senior Member ZiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    No matter how much you subjectively like someone, you can't help but objectively tear them apart in your mind every time they do something illogical.
    Heheh, Yuuup.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You say something jokingly, and someone takes it seriously and objects, and you spend the next 15 minutes arguing your statement as if it wasn't a joke.
    Yuuup as well. That's the most annoying thing on the planet, lol.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

  7. #17
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    How about when you start saying things like "That really hurt my feeling" or "I'm in touch enough with my feelings to know that if I had any you would have just hurt them"..

    Or for an ENTP when people try to knock you down a notch with really lame crap so you start advising them on better insults to use!

  8. #18
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    I don't think I know everything.

    I think most INTPs would be smart enough to know they know very little. = /
    You'd think so, but I know several INTPs who get very upset very quickly if not allowed to be "the authority" on their areas of interest. This problem can come up with any NT, but it's especially pronounced among extremely Introverted ones because often their social skills are so poor that they don't *have* anything else.

    When you challenge a strong INTP on one of his "areas of authority", you are striking directly at his self-esteem because his rational intelligence in those areas is often the only visible means of support for his self-image. (Think super nerdy chess players.) This is one time when the NT probably will NOT respond rationally--he'll go to such lengths to prove that he's rationally correct that he will actually show IRRATIONAL behavior by placing such an excess of importance on proving you wrong.

    An ENTP will often just go find someone else to argue with, because their natural E function gives them much better social skills.

    But if you challenge an INTP/INTJ in his area like this, be prepared for a shit storm.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    Ha ha ha... yes! Then remember afterwards to point out that it was, in fact, a joke.
    Agreed.

    Damn seeing all the sides.

  10. #20
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    No matter how much you subjectively like someone, you can't help but objectively tear them apart in your mind every time they do something illogical.
    Well, anything that's unreasonable in my mind >_>.... Occasionally when I get angry I go into "super logic" mode and it's like I get extremely "sharp." It's hard to describe it except that I can stab an argument to death repeatedly.

Similar Threads

  1. You know you are positive outlook when
    By Cat Brainz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2017, 04:53 PM
  2. [NT] NTs, "you know you are in love when...."
    By Antimony in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
  3. [INTJ] You know you are INTJ when...
    By callmemigs in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM
  4. [NT] NTs only, "You know you're in love when"
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 09:54 PM
  5. [ISFP] You know you are an isfp when...
    By nasmoe in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO