• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] I am too skeptic

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
for my own good.

Ever felt that way ? It's probably an INTP trait mostly.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
well, i'm probably the same. i can't trust anyone 100%. There's no 100% or 0% in my dictionary.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Skepticism is a great great asset in life. It only becomes a problem when it becomes a channel for hate, or when it gets turned on one's self and creates self-loathing. The difference in how you use skepticism is a matter of maturity, experience, and wisdom.

redacted

I feel that way.

IJs have it even worse than IPs.

P.S. I agree with all of Edahn's bullshitting.

T

ThatGirl

I wonder what the real reason for the is thread is? Probably something shady.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I first read the thread title as this...

I am too epic

:shock:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
P.S. I agree with all of Edahn's bullshitting.

's not bullshitting! It's very true. That's what happens to people who get too skeptical...they rob themselves of self-confidence because they only see the problems with themselves, or with their competence.

redacted

's not bullshitting! It's very true. That's what happens to people who get too skeptical...they rob themselves of self-confidence because they only see the problems with themselves, or with their competence.

I said I agreed with it, lol.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Skepticism is a great great asset in life. It only becomes a problem when it becomes a channel for hate, or when it gets turned on one's self and creates self-loathing. The difference in how you use skepticism is a matter of maturity, experience, and wisdom.

My experience is that the young are rarely skeptical of the things which are fun but can harm them and entirely too skeptical of the things which are "good for them." Hah.

What masquerades as strength is actually weakness.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[I am too skeptic] for my own good.

I'd agree. You're going to miss out on some knowledge because of the skepticism cynicism, actually.

It's probably an INTP trait mostly.

Skepticism is an INTP trait.
Everything has to be shown or tested.

Cynicism, I think, is an aggressive intellectual maneuver meant to strike back at people we're bitter towards, where we feel powerless to actually triumph over them or challenge them effectively. It essentially also assumes the position being disagreed with is corrupt or insincere, rather than just built on faulty assumptions... or even refusing to acknowledge the possibility that the CYNIC is the one at fault; that's a subjective call, not an objective one.

I think anyone can be a cynic.
I also think INTP's don't have to be cynics.
Just skeptics.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I'm definitely skeptical. I think it's a good thing to be. The only problem is that when someone is super-nice to me, I tend to think they have an ulterior motive. But in most cases, they turn out to be just nice.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm a skeptic of everything including skepticism. But not really.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'd agree. You're going to miss out on some knowledge because of the skepticism cynicism, actually.

Skepticism is an INTP trait.
Everything has to be shown or tested.

Cynicism, I think, is an aggressive intellectual maneuver meant to strike back at people we're bitter towards, where we feel powerless to actually triumph over them or challenge them effectively. It essentially also assumes the position being disagreed with is corrupt or insincere, rather than just built on faulty assumptions... or even refusing to acknowledge the possibility that the CYNIC is the one at fault; that's a subjective call, not an objective one.

I think anyone can be a cynic.
I also think INTP's don't have to be cynics.
Just skeptics.

You are assuming, because I am cynical -which is closer to be a knowledge, rather than just a doubt- but I'm not complaining about it specifically.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm definitely skeptical. I think it's a good thing to be. The only problem is that when someone is super-nice to me, I tend to think they have an ulterior motive. But in most cases, they turn out to be just nice.

You probably haven't discovered the motive yet.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
for my own good.

Ever felt that way ? It's probably an INTP trait mostly.
No it's not.
You're going to have to trust me on that.

well, i'm probably the same. i can't trust anyone 100%. There's no 100% or 0% in my dictionary.

Well that's most probably because they're not words.
Mine doesn't have them either.