• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and God

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
What do NTs think of God, and how do they relate to Him ?
Three Christian-culture NTs I know admit either indifference or little understanding of what they call "religion."

Is it possible for an NT to be interested in God ?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think most of us are allergic to things that are completely illogical and against human progress.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Three Christian-culture NTs I know admit either indifference of little understanding of what they call "religion."

Nope.

It's his bloody fault I'm INTP.

T

ThatGirl

Thats just immature, any NT would say that they can grasp concepts that are beyond normal understanding. I am not quick to discount any thing that has not been disproven, as well as i am not likely to hold as a truth something that is still questionable.

For my own sake I say that yes, I believe that there are powers greater than what I can understand at work, what ever you would like to call it or define it by, in this case god, I believe in it.

As an NT, do I allow myself to be controlled by it or any other thing in the universe, absolutley not. If god does exist he will understand that its just part of who I am.

I show respect what I do not know, because I hate to be proven wrong. Ever.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Thanks for this insight.
How can you speak about God with an NT ?

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
My, such answers... rude ones too.

I have a long-time INTJ friend who's a solid Christian, been five years in Bible school and is married to an assistant-pastor. She is extremely intelligent and always succeeded in her academic activities. Lately, I heard her say she didn't like it when the sermon was too intellectual and wouldn't move her spiritually.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Is that a picture of you in Hell ?

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Three Christian-culture NTs I know admit either indifference of little understanding of what they call "religion."

Thanks for this insight.
How can you speak about God with an NT ?

My, such answers... rude ones too.

I have a long-time INTJ friend who's a solid Christian, been five years in Bible school and is married to an assistant-pastor. She is extremely intelligent and always succeeded in her academic activities. Lately, I heard her say she didn't like it when the sermon was too intellectual and wouldn't move her spiritually.

You answered your own question. Why did you start this thread?

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Where the hell is a 'Hell' situated on a map ?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPCentral.com seems to be more cynical towards religion; but there are a lot of INTPs on INTPForum.com who have religious views of some sort.

It depends mostly on upbringing and what assumptions about the world are instilled into a person during childhood, as best I can tell.

NTs definitely have a bent towards challenging religion on intellectual grounds (rather than just purely out of rebellion). They seem less inclined to accept something just because everyone else is doing it, if they think it doesn't make sense in terms of being "provable."

Where the hell is a 'Hell' situated on a map ?

Let me guess: "X: You are here."

Ya know, overall, it would be nice to see some originality in the anti-religious angst, rather than the same old kneejerk reactions to the social constructs.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For my own sake I say that yes, I believe that there are powers greater than what I can understand at work, what ever you would like to call it or define it by, in this case god, I believe in it.

Isn't this thread specifically about the christian God?

I also believe that there are forces we don't understand, however. Maybe I should convert to the Jedi-religion? :D

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

Ya know, overall, it would be nice to see some originality in the anti-religious angst, rather than the same old kneejerk reactions to the social constructs.

I'm living in 95% religious freaks society; it always sounds original to me.

T

ThatGirl

Touche jesus, I guess I was just saying that everyone has a god in some form, even if it is the knowledge god.

It didnt apply I guess.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

I know -- aren't NTs supposed to be creative/intelligent?

It'd be nice to see some that stereotype reflected in the quality of posts in a thread dedicated to exploring the relationship between the NT and the theoretical notion of a "god".

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
What about Pascal's idea that God cannot fully be grasped through thinking ?

Jesus said: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your strength, all your soul and all your mind."

Mind is one of them. It is not sufficient to rationalize God away.

I've had this impression...

All your heart: SP
All your strength: SJ
All your soul: NF
Alll your mind: NT

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
i can't say god doesn't exist. b/c the fact god's existance cannot be proven doesn't rule out its existance. But I'm bit skeptic about it, due to its repetetive usage of fallacies.

In daily lives, etc
I will not go to the extend to prove to the world that god doesn't exist. Or persuade others.
B/c religion benefits humanity. Not many people are independent, and this secured feeling religion provides, i think its good for some. Be it victims of trauma, etc

Also even if "God" was to come down and say there is no such thing as religion and i'm going to disapear as of this moment. Though, huge faction will lose their faith, believers will continue to exist. Saying this is a test, not a real god,,, etc.

because in the end, the world, humanity needs God
But i dont. And i'm sure some others don't either.