User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 505

Thread: NTs and God

  1. #51
    Senior Member Samurai Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Don't believe in god.

    No evidence, religion is a mind-plague, etc.

  2. #52
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Anyone of any type who so chooses can believe in anything. NTs who believe in God will approach the subject with the intellectual equivalent of chest-beating our group is known for.

    The SJ believes in God because he was raised to. The NT believes in God because he was raised to, but first, to sate his intellectual bent, must spend hundreds of hours in thought and writing justifying his belief to himself. In the end, the SJ simply chose the Path of Least Hand-Wringing.

    If-and-when I encounter an NT whose reason for belief in God amounts to more than "Gosh, I just really want to", I may take that man or woman's argument seriously.

  3. #53
    Junior Member desiree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5&2
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Okay, I'm an NT, and I believe in God.

    I don't have a religion. I don't think I need one, and I'm sure the majority of you fine young democratic people don't either. But many people who lack moral compasses do. They're not bad inventions for keeping people in check. As long as they don't slip into infringement on personal freedom (read: Crusades).

    I also don't think of God as being outside of myself, which may sound crazy, and may be crazy, but is also kind of the point of most mystical teachings.

    I can do God's work, or I can be as God, or I can be God--that all means the same thing to me.
    If thou hast T already, first get UT.
    Then get O.
    And so at last get OUT.
    --Crowley

  4. #54
    Junior Member desiree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5&2
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Er, also, for those of you interested in getting scientific/empirical proof/evidence in the existence of God...

    The experience of God is supposed to be above the faculty of your perceiving senses or your analytical mind. That's why people who don't believe in God will never find it, and people who do believe in God can't ever convince anybody else. God-ness (being with God, or whatever) amounts pretty much to a state of consciousness.

    So don't hold your breath for empirical evidence.
    If thou hast T already, first get UT.
    Then get O.
    And so at last get OUT.
    --Crowley

  5. #55
    Rats off to ya! Mort Belfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Why did God even make NTs?
    Why do we always come here?

    I guess we'll never know.

    It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

  6. #56
    Junior Member desiree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5&2
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I think he was tipsy and added too much sulpher, and lol@your sig.
    If thou hast T already, first get UT.
    Then get O.
    And so at last get OUT.
    --Crowley

  7. #57
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    What do NTs think of God, and how do they relate to Him ?
    Him ? Do you have any documentation proving ur point ?
    Why would an absolute god be a guy ? Does he(it) reproduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Three Christian-culture NTs I know admit either indifference or little understanding of what they call "religion."
    ow, and when you say that, You must be kidding, Religious people are often those who understand religion the LESS (doh). I did myself study some theology, i'm not a specialist alright, but really, a good and benevolant god doing HORRIBLE things half of the time, then acting all goodie goodie.

    Also, the bible views on physics is really SO bad you wonder how the MAKER OF THE DAMN UNIVERSE could make so little sense about his own creation.

    Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Is it possible for an NT to be interested in God ?
    You really don't want me to answer that.

  8. #58
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desiree View Post
    Er, also, for those of you interested in getting scientific/empirical proof/evidence in the existence of God...

    The experience of God is supposed to be above the faculty of your perceiving senses or your analytical mind. That's why people who don't believe in God will never find it, and people who do believe in God can't ever convince anybody else. God-ness (being with God, or whatever) amounts pretty much to a state of consciousness.

    So don't hold your breath for empirical evidence.

    yeah, sure, but then what about miracles ? Every religious text talks about that.
    prayers ?
    Jesus and all the other prophets?
    Immaculate conception for christian?

    I do call those effects on the physical word, logical consequence: god is part of what physics can study, yet, no signs what so ever

    Also, If god is omniscient and omnipotent, he's part of the universe, therefore:

    1) he's a mean, lazy, misoginistic, child killing, jealous, childish, (goes on for 10kms) son of bitch.
    2) Wait, how can he know EVERYTHING at EVERYMOMENT if information can't travel faster than light ?
    3) as a force he must have a force carrier, so, is god a magnet or something? Should I praise the holy gluon just yet? And doesn't solve the issue about speed of light

    Conclusion of the study: This is MAJOR bs.




    NO PROOF WHAT SO EVER

  9. #59
    Senior Member Ishida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Yes, they can. People should know well enough by experiences with other temperaments that such foolishness as "NTs won't believe in God" is just that, foolishness. I guess the good part about this is not caring what other people think, whether they think you inferior, stupid, deluded, etc.
    Even if it's your family.
    What a waste of life..

  10. #60
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishida View Post
    Yes, they can. People should know well enough by experiences with other temperaments that such foolishness as "NTs won't believe in God" is just that, foolishness. I guess the good part about this is not caring what other people think, whether they think you inferior, stupid, deluded, etc.
    Even if it's your family.
    I do see ur point, and i respect it.
    but then you have to respect my belief in pink magical rainbow unicorns as being as likely if not more than today's religions (the bibliography is more recent and documented)

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NTs and time
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 02:56 PM
  2. [NT] NTs and controlling thoughts
    By Varelse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 02:10 PM
  3. [NT] Berens' comments on NTs and conflict
    By rivercrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM
  4. [NT] NTs and Concentration
    By Varelse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 01:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO