User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 505

Thread: NTs and God

  1. #351
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I'm not trying to win anything here. Just offering a different way to look at things besides right/wrong way.
    Good point.

    Let's conclude that God 50% exists and 50% doesn't exist and all just get along.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

  2. #352
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Naw. That's no fun.

    I'll scoot over and let you guys have at it. It's a fun read.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Ack. I forget that you guys can't get your mind around something that exists outside of your conception. Same as Christians. . .
    That's not insulting at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Where is it? What does it weigh? How do you know you are using it in the same way that I am?
    It's in my head, it weighs a pound or two I think, and I'm pretty sure I'm not.

  4. #354
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Drifter View Post
    Well, seeing as how we both remain superficially unconvinced, I suppose now we should both examine the data. You can flip through the Biology textbooks and journals of the National Academy of Sciences while I grab a Bible.
    Even easier, Talk.Origins is a great resource.

  5. #355
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    This thread is now 37 pages long, and it still boils down to this:

    One side has some hard evidence.

    The other side has none.

    And people can drift in and out talking about 'other ways of thinking' until the cows come home. Are there other ways of thinking? Yes. Do I prefer to believe things that have evidence, rather than those that don't? Yes. If you do not prefer to have/look for hard evidence for what you think or believe, that's your prerogative. Admit it and go start a 'speculation about every thing, ever, reason not necessary' thread.

    But those who believe in god still have. no. evidence.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  6. #356
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Costrin, thank you for linking that excellent resource!
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

  7. #357
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    One side has some hard evidence.
    Hard evidence of what exactly?

  8. #358
    Member Headstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    The other side has none.
    I disagree that there is none, but I am not saying there is "hard evidence." There is no use discussing this, really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Hard evidence of what exactly?
    Exactly what I was wondering.

    Kangirl- You say these things with such certainty. Each side has their own (supposed) supporting evidence. It is all debatable because we have no solid proof either way. If we could prove the existence of God, there would be no use for faith. Likewise if we could disprove God.
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

    Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

    Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

  9. #359
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Headstrong View Post
    Kangirl- You say these things with such certainty. Each side has their own (supposed) supporting evidence.
    Please link to the evidence in favor of the existence of God.

    It is all debatable because we have no solid proof either way.
    You are correct. There is no 100% infallible proof that God doesn't exist, nor will there ever be.

    I'm surprised by how deeply ingrained this basic logical error is in the thinking of supposed "rationals" on this message board.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

  10. #360
    Member Headstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Please link to the evidence in favor of the existence of God.
    My version of evidence is based on supernatural experiences of both those around me and myself. See my previous posts, if you wish.
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

    Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

    Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NTs and time
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 02:56 PM
  2. [NT] NTs and controlling thoughts
    By Varelse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 02:10 PM
  3. [NT] Berens' comments on NTs and conflict
    By rivercrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM
  4. [NT] NTs and Concentration
    By Varelse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 01:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO