• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and affection

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't really like being hugged. If she seems to recoil and clam up when you do it, it's a pretty good indication she doesn't want to be hugged either.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jack Flak said:
I don't have a huge problem with PDA; I've given a girl a huge kiss in the middle of a bookstore.
Oh man, that is so cool...

What he didn't tell you was that she only said "How would you like to pay for that, Sir?"

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
STOP HUGGING THIS WOMAN AT ONCE!
Sheesh, I am so tired of hearing that.

I don't really like being hugged. If she seems to recoil and clam up when you do it, it's a pretty good indication she doesn't want to be hugged either.
Nah, don't listen to them. As INTPs, we put on this big act of not liking people just coming up and touching us, but we really crave group hugs, all the time. Especially from friends and coworkers we're not intimately involved with. You need to just be more assertive about hugging her more often. Don't be put off by her defensive shell; she really likes it, and you'll break through to her eventually. It'll just take a lot more hugging.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Had Mr. Flak had a large serving of Vodka before the PDA... that has been my experience.. if u wanna a mega tactile INTP get em drunk

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Sheesh, I am so tired of hearing that.

Nah, don't listen to them. As INTPs, we put on this big act of not liking people just coming up and touching us, but we really crave group hugs, all the time. Especially from friends and coworkers we're not intimately involved with. You need to just be more assertive about hugging her more often. Don't be put off by her defensive shell; she really likes it, and you'll break through to her eventually. It'll just take a lot more hugging.

Thanks, man.

I was starting to think NTs were plain mean. I often see it as a shell too.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am feeling MASSIVE affection for this thread.

I might hug it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i might mug down with it behind this here shelf...;)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ ENFP whore.

I'm gonna hump it in the middle of the bookstore.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aww...clearly you like it more then i do...i'll leave the two of you to it then :)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I really don't mind being hugged, if there's a reason for the hug. What's creepy is when a dude you don't even know hugs you because he's a dirty old man that just wants to hug you to get close to you and possibly feel you up. EW.

I guess it really just depends on who's doing the hugging.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Hey, hi there... ! :hi:

I also believe in hugging for a reason. Like before leaving or seeing someone again after many months... This is usually what I do.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't like being hugged. And I do the stiff thing when people hug me. It's usually because I really don't know how to act when it happens.

This doesn't count with family or really really close friends, though.