• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The [B]Who The Hell Designed This[/B] Thread

T

ThatGirl

I am going to start with the bathroom toilet fushing sensors. You go into the bathroom put your purse down and grab one of those little toilet seat covers. You bend over to place the paper on the seat and when you straighten up to turn around, the toilet automatically flushes taking your cover with it and leaving a fresh spray of toilet water dots everywhere.
The sensors are faulty and flushing the toilet unnecessarilly is probably waisting a ton of water not to mention people's time.

I have an idea for a solution for this but I dont want to say just yet

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've seen places where the flush is a button on the floor... :D

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Great idea for a thread!

In the science building at my school, we have tables that roll and chairs that don't. So if you're sitting around a table with two other people, instead of pushing your chair in, you have to pull the table towards you. This doesn't work because then the other people don't have table. So stupid.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Don't get me started. At my doctor's there is a hand dryer too close to the sink which starts every time I'm ready to wash my hands and I jump outta my boots every time!

Cars and other inanimate objects which talk to me blow me out of my reveries with a rude jerk and bring with their sweet, soft annoying voices an urge to smash, smash, smash.

"Your door is ajar"

"HELL IT IS! STILL WAS A DOOR LAST TIME I LOOKED, DAMMIT!" Don't confuse me.

And my car musta been designed by someone who had never lived through a MN winter. The windshield wipers recede into a groove under the windshield. This groove soon fills with snow which melts and jams up with ice when the car stands for a while.

IDJOTS! Sad, cuz those guys are probably Sensors too. Didn't see the possibilities?

Edit: That toilet thing, That Girl? When I was a little kid I used to imagine that there was a toilet monster just waiting to reach up and grab my rump when I sat there too long. (I've have the same strange fantasy waterskiing and bobbing in the water hoping the boat driver pulls me up before a muskie surfaces and gives me a surprise!)

So. The Toilet Monster. The first time I used one a them new-fangled toilets and I stood up I heard certain impending doom as the rumble signaled his surfacing and my demise by buttchomp.

Flinch!

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I want to know what dog breeder / divine engineer came up with Poodles as a substantial canine form. Most worthless, whiniest, weakest dogs ever.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Automatic toilets drive me crazy. Especially the ones that, for some reason, don't have the button on the side that you can push in case it flushes at the wrong time. Those toilets in particular seem to be the ones that flush at the wrong time, and refuse to flush at the right time.

I've also been in bathrooms where, in the large stall for people with disabilities, the flush button is on the floor behind the toilet, which is basically impossible to get at if you're not standing up.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Haha automatic toilets, amen. All of them seem like they're in a competition to win the world records for most flushes in one sitting. Toilets are competative beasts, yea-hmm.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
8046_WindowsVistaHomePremium.jpg

Base

MBTI Type
INTP

/thread

In the men's bathrooms, 90% of the time those things never work for me. I don't like using public bathrooms in the first place, they could at least freaking work and not just pool with waste over time.

I hate inefficient things. It's a pain that I find so many inefficient things, but I can't really think of much at the moment... and most things I find inefficient may not appeal to other people (like, those 'free energy' machines that are terribly inefficient).

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
HATE the self-flushing toilets. There is nothing worse than having to jump into the air when a toilet flushes with you on it. And if you don't jump, yeah, you guessed, it becomes a bidet. So disgusting.

I also hate the faucets with sensors on them--apparently I am a vampire that the faucets don't recognize. The only invention worse that that is the faucet that has the spring-action knob. So you can only wash ONE HAND AT A TIME. I want to punch whomever invented that in the throat.

MBTI Type
INxJ
HATE the self-flushing toilets. There is nothing worse than having to jump into the air when a toilet flushes with you on it. And if you don't jump, yeah, you guessed, it becomes a bidet. So disgusting.

Same here.

I refuse to use public restrooms.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup, some engineers are as useless as my dad says they are... :BangHead:

Unique

OMG self flushing toilets HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm so glad we don't have them here!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Self-flushing toilets: just drape a length of toilet paper over the sensor.

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'll admit I got this one from a song I heard, but...
Braille on drive up ATMs?

(I know that this can be rationalized, before everyone jumps in.)

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I also hate the faucets with sensors on them--apparently I am a vampire that the faucets don't recognize. The only invention worse that that is the faucet that has the spring-action knob. So you can only wash ONE HAND AT A TIME. I want to punch whomever invented that in the throat.

My school has a good solution to the faucet dilemma. After you turn the water on to the temperature you want, the knobs stay there for about thirty seconds, then automatically turn off. Gives you enough time to rinse the soap off, and not have to touch the knobs afterward.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Bottles that aren't twist-off. Did your company really save that much money for inconveniencing people to use their lighters or countertops to open your beverage?

Didn't think so.

T

ThatGirl

Shampoo bowls are rediculously short. As a result, long hair bunches up into a nest of tangles and soap dirt residue.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
meh, I was too lazzy to read the whole thing, but here i see self flushing toilets.

Ever been to japan ? Those things flush ur ASS (really).

" It's first very traumatizing, and there comes the guilt, as you start enjoying it. "

It basically froze me in place while the long howl of my hurted manhood was spreading through the place.

T

ThatGirl

So I'm sitting here watching a carousel and I can't help but notice....

Children approach carousels with all this expectation and imagination in there eyes right. Like OMG I must sit on that ostrich and spin in wonderful bliss.

Then they get on the carousel and either look incredibly bored or maybe a little scared. Disappointed by the view from the inside out and just boringly gliding in circles.

Anyway so here is my idea. They should put pokers or little things that come out and randomly distribute subtle shocks to the children. Just think of the joyful anticipation of when the next zing is comming. But it doesn't necessarily have to be that either, you could have marrionettes randomly fall in front of the childrens faces then spring back up into the ceiling or something interesting like that.

I think this is a better design.