• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The [B]Who The Hell Designed This[/B] Thread

G

Ginkgo

Firstly, those pieces of paper that you put on the toilet are useless. There are more potential health risks when kissing someone than when sitting on a public toilet.

Secondly, yes, the sensors are faulty. But so is everything else about the bathroom.

I suggest buying one of these to compensate for your disgruntlement.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7LXY3fJ2k"]Toto Toilet[/YOUTUBE]

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
1231054437teTky6.jpg

Honestly, who the hell DID design this?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
star-wars-engineering.jpg

I like how proud the guy looks standing next to it lol :D
luminalt_guy_with_solamax_t.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :rofl1: :heart: this thread!!

Cargo pockets on pants where the pocket is literally sewn to the pant leg itself without pleats and thus flush to the leg. Thus there's no actual "cargo" room in the pocket. Like, last time I checked, pockets were not decoration.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
My flipping toaster has the very SHORT electrical chord coming out of the front of it. The front. WTF? Was there a patent on putting it on the back side?

T

ThatGirl

My flipping toaster has the very SHORT electrical chord coming out of the front of it. The front. WTF? Was there a patent on putting it on the back side?

Can you just turn the toaster around?

Who the hell designed this?

Chemistry. Or the teaching of chemistry. It is one of the most overcomplicated simplistic systems I have ever seen designed. On the one hand you have the table of elements, which is BRILLIANTLY designed. No matter which way you go it means something. One of the most efficient maps I have ever seen.

But then you get into the concepts of chemistry. And they are shit....trial and error?!? They take you through these long fucked up processes that take forever to figure out yourself only to realize how fucking simple it is. I find myself wanting to scream "WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY THAT THEN!"

The entire passing of simplistic information is over complicated and inefficient.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
The entire passing of simplistic information is over complicated and inefficient.

I agree completely. I think I would have enjoyed Chemistry more if the presentation of material hadn't been so ludicrous. For example - in my chemistry textbook, there was a section about benzene rings. It discussed in depth the way they were structured etc etc, only to reveal later in the chapter that this was entirely all wrong, and how they were ACTUALLY structured. FFS! :steam: Entirely confusing and completely unnessecary! It didn't mention once in the lengthy discriptions of the wrong thing that it was how people used to think before they discovered what was correct. *grumbles*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Who the hell decided the Graveyard wasn't going to be part of New Posts?

Insanity.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Clam Shell Packaging

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=max9MiQivYY"]"Clam Shell Injuries"[/YOUTUBE]

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI Type
INTJ
Staples brand CD/DVD labels. They don't match any existing Avery template, and Staples doesn't make a template available online. You just have to play with Microsoft Word or whatever application you're using forever until you get it right. Why make a unique label setup and fail to provide a template?

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
In a "Who The Hell Designed This?" thread, don't you pretty much have to start here?

evolution-platypus.jpg

I mean, really.

How can you hate self-flushing toilets and public faucets you don't need to touch? I love them, though some of the faucets could use refinement.

the faucet that has the spring-action knob. So you can only wash ONE HAND AT A TIME. I want to punch whomever invented that in the throat.
Can I be next? I want to punch that person in the throat, as well. Time-consuming and unsanitary.

Good one. But why stop at Vista? I feel this way about pretty much every Microsoft product since DOS. Word and Excel are terrible programs that assume all their users are really, really fucking stupid.

I also hate hate hate Adobe Acrobat and Reader.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I hate when you open into a fresh, new bag of tasty, crunchy, amazing potato chips...

only to discover the bag is already half-empty.

That's right, half-empty. I don't see how you can be optimistic about that.

93JC

Potato chip bags are filled with air to protect the chips from being crushed.

As for infrared flushometers, they need to be recalibrated periodically. Often they're never recalibrated, if they were ever calibrated properly in the first place.

Spring-loaded faucet levers are designed to allow around 30 seconds to wash your hands. It's a water-saving feature, which is very important for big facilities. When they get to the point they retract immediately and you have to hold it in position to get water out, they need replacing. The mechanism inside is simply worn out.

Oh, and uh... bump. :whistling:

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
HATE the self-flushing toilets. There is nothing worse than having to jump into the air when a toilet flushes with you on it. And if you don't jump, yeah, you guessed, it becomes a bidet. So disgusting.

I also hate the faucets with sensors on them--apparently I am a vampire that the faucets don't recognize. The only invention worse that that is the faucet that has the spring-action knob. So you can only wash ONE HAND AT A TIME. I want to punch whomever invented that in the throat.

x1000