User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    -

From researching about "shadow" functions, it can be concluded that they are either destructive or supportive to your main functions.
    In the case of the INTP:
    The dominant function of Introverted Thinking can be supported by the role of Extraverted Thinking. In this instance, once you have applied Ti, Te will help you further to develop your analysis, plan etc. So in other words, you can be competent in applying Te however it will be used with narrow application since it requires greater strength to use it independently.

They in a sense follow your dominant functions pattern, with the exception of a reversed E/I mode. So depending on your individual development, Te and Ni might be functions which are used easily for a handful of INTP's (bearing in mind that shadow processes strengthen over time).
    The shadow processes are by far, not the most lethal or worst processes if they are used consciously. (Ask yourself, would my Ni be weaker then using Fe more openly.) Chances are in the INTP, not really because both Feeling functions aren't used considerably and so Shadow processes just determine the helpfulness towards the Dominant Functions as opposed to actually being a set pattern of unproductive modes.
    ENTJ

Te > Ni > Ti > Se = Si > Fe > Ne > Fi

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    No. Shadow functions for the INTP are Te, Ni, Se, Fi.

I don't think they apply very often. I don't really know much about them.
    So that would mean they would act like evil ENTJ's?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

So should ENTPs get along best with INTPs since they both share Ne/Ti, likewise with ENTJs and INTJs and their Te/Ni?

Here's an illustration.

xNTPs have the opposite function of xNTJs it seems. I suppose this works for all types? Sorry I'm new to all this.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    So should ENTPs get along best with INTPs since they both share Ne/Ti, likewise with ENTJs and INTJs and their Te/Ni?

Here's an illustration.

xNTPs have the opposite function of xNTJs it seems. I suppose this works for all types? Sorry I'm new to all this.
    from what i have noticed, NTJs dont really understand NTPs, but i dont think this says anything about how they get along.

what comes to shadow function, shadow means the opposite of your ego(central operating system in the field of consciousness), so if your dominant function is T, it is shadowed by F, I has an E shadow etc.

some new school theories(which i call bullshit) say that shadow of Ti is Te, which is just misuse of the word shadow in its original sense and has quite different definition for shadow that the original typology had.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I am a shadow function.

The medium I apply my brain power to is a learned one, because of my father's work ethic of
    'Work on your act in your day job before you act at work.'
    Was around when I was growing up.

"Kinda made my inny an outy."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post

Here's an illustration.

In my experience, yes. NTP and NTJ butt heads a lot, I find. I sorta want to punch every NTJ I know in the throat just to watch them struggle in vain for breath - SHADOW FUNCTION PUNCH!!! - but only kinda. Whereas I get along smashingly with all the ENTPs I know. Kindred spirits. We just dream up cool ideas all day and then they try to get me to implement for them... and then I don't and then we get a bit frustrated... but then we go back to the cool ideas.

I really wish I could get along with NTJs - they seem like they'd have a lot more follow-through with ideas. The problem is, they so internalize their ideas that there is not a lot of room for discussions... and the complaining about everything thing gets really old really fast.

arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }