User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default face recognition

i have good memory, but when it comes to recognizing people's faces i have a HUGE issue.I JUST CANT REMEMBER PEOPLE'S FACES. sometimes i can remember what they said when they remind me where i have met them before and who they are but have a problem remembering how they look like(the face i mean)

does anyone else have that issue?

AFTER EDITING

do you think its a left brain right brain issue.

right brained people hardly forget visual images ryt? is it?
    Last edited by Riva; 12-11-2008 at 01:29 PM.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

If they have particularly nondescript features, maybe. But in general, no, I can remember people's faces.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by markjENTJ View Post
    i have good memory, but when it comes to recognizing people's faces i have a HUGE issue.I JUST CANT REMEMBER PEOPLE'S FACES. sometimes i can remember what they said when they remind me where i have met them before and who they are but have a problem remembering how they look like(the face i mean)

does anyone else have that issue?
    I have learned to recognize one of my neighbours. It is strange.
    It took eight years. And it was hard work.

Maybe it is not his face I recognize. Maybe it is his bone structure, clothes, way of walking.
    Nope. Now that I come to think of it I do not recognize his face at all.
    I fooled myself.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Mmm, I have serious trouble remembering names, but I remember faces in great detail.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I remember faces but often not who they are.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'll remember faces, but not names. There is usually no need to anyway.
    What a waste of life..

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'm actually worse with names, especially last names. I once knew a friend for over a year before I knew her last name. Eventually I had to ask.
    Um, yeah.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Eventually I had to ask.
    "Le's compare drivers license pictures! I bet mine's more goofy! Hahaha!" *sneaks peek at last name*

I've got a horrible, horrible memory overall, but, like most everyone who's replied here, I remember faces much easier than names or other details. I've developed some systems to help me out in that respect, though.

People definitely pay attention to the sound of their own names, especially after first meeting and initial impressions. If you can remember them, you've just given off a pretty good impression of yourself in their eyes.. that you've taken a genuine interest in them as a person just through remembering their name. That, and most everybody says that they have trouble remembering names (intuitives? ), so you remembering theirs must be significant to them.

I heard a story once of a woman whose significant other shaved his facial hair while in the bathroom and she absolutely could not recognize him afterward. I guess that's prosopagnosia in a nutshell.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    "Le's compare drivers license pictures! I bet mine's more goofy! Hahaha!" *sneaks peek at last name*

I've got a horrible, horrible memory overall, but, like most everyone who's replied here, I remember faces much easier than names or other details. I've developed some systems to help me out in that respect, though.

People definitely pay attention to the sound of their own names, especially after first meeting and initial impressions. If you can remember them, you've just given off a pretty good impression of yourself in their eyes.. that you've taken a genuine interest in them as a person just through remembering their name. That, and most everybody says that they have trouble remembering names (intuitives? ), so you remembering theirs must be significant to them.

I heard a story once of a woman whose significant other shaved his facial hair while in the bathroom and she absolutely could not recognize him afterward. I guess that's prosopagnosia in a nutshell.
    It does? I'm actually very good at remembering names, especially of those I like but I thought it'd be too shocking, if I display how good my interpersonal memory is too early, initially look for an outward verification excuse, leave showing genuine interest to later. I hadn't thought about it that way.