• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Interactions with INFJs

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Tell me, what have been your interactions with INFJs? Were they cordial? Strange? Amazing? Sticky?

Tell me your story...

EDIT: Crap... I'm reading other threads, and it answers my questions. So... tell if you want. :/

F

FigerPuppet

Weird. The INFJ seemed very interested in the nature of me and my INTP roommate. He also laughed a lot around us.

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
I had an amazing friendship with an INFJ.
He always was there for me even though I was much weirder and depressed-looking at the time. For some reason he frequently asked me if I was mad at him.
He could take my sense of humor and all aspects of my personality.
At times he was just as socially awkward as I am.
Sometimes I felt like he was my cheerleader, and always involved me in things, even with his group of friends who I didn't know personally. I was always accepted.
He bought me stuffed animals for presents. One was a penguin with a bow-tie, the other was some weird anime cat with a huge head (it doesn't stand up so well).
Man, I miss him.

Janae

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have an INFJ friend I usually get along really well with since she's a nonconformist and I don't care about social rules. The times we don't get along well pass quickly. Last night the usual group of people were at my brothers' house, mostly the girls dancing, and the two of us did a Swing adaptation, with her dipping me occasionally (a bit difficult since I'm taller), and we just had a blast.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I LOVE INFJs, I haven't met one I haven't liked.. You can normally find them attached to an ENFP or INTJ as well as they all seem to do well together. Sadly I know of a few INFJ/INTJ couples and I think it's a shame because while I can see their motivations for being together I think both types really thrive and do best with an ENxP...

MBTI Type
INxJ
I LOVE INFJs, I haven't met one I haven't liked.. You can normally find them attached to an ENFP or INTJ as well as they all seem to do well together. Sadly I know of a few INFJ/INTJ couples and I think it's a shame because while I can see their motivations for being together I think both types really thrive and do best with an ENxP...

It's a Ni dom thing. ;)

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
I have yet to meet one that I admire. Sometimes they are weird, illogical and too stubborn about their beliefs. And they sacrifice themselves way too much for things that are not good for them.

However, they have good sides too.

pecan111

INFJ interactions

well, I had one female INFJ that was a counselor...many years ago. She never spoke much but seemed quite deep but not connected to anyone that I saw. not really much interaction at all.

I dated an INFJ male a long time ago. He was rather quiet, intensely felt and was a loner. He was very drawn to me. He was easily afraid and that caused some clinginess, but I never felt like I really knew his inner world. He was kind to me, but didn't reveal a lot of who he was. I have good memories, but somehow even though it felt like there was a lot more to him, I never really was sure of it. The question.."Are you deep or not?" Its seems so hard to allow anyone in.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I tend to get along fairly well with INFJs and INFPs (my sister is very much an INFP) as long as they aren't too clingy or want physical attention (like hugs or any of that). One of my INFJ friends is a science student (like I am) and I really enjoy talking with her because we're enough alike that we understand each other, but different enough so that there can be two different perspectives on the same topic.

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
One of my very best friends is an INFJ. For a time, we had a romantic interest in one another, but I put an end to it after not really feeling it anymore.

I love that she is loyal to a fault. Very insightful. Has beliefs and sticks to them. I can have an intelligent conversation with her about people and the world. Caring.

I hate that she has a terrible temper. That when she loses the temper she can get very personal, very quickly. And I also despise that she can be manipulative with emotions. She brags about manipulating people sometimes, and that really annoys me. There has not been too many instances in which she manipulated me, as I can usually figure her out, but she is better at it than 99% of people.

Jeremy77

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5x4
I've dated two INFJs which were not good experiences due to attempted emotional manipulation and moral lecturing on the others' parts. I won't be repeating the experience.

93JC

At first cordial, then interesting, then amazing, then very awkward, then non-existent.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Dated an INFJ for a couple of years. It was nice while it lasted. I was often unsure where we stood (communication problems), but we got along really well most of the time, and few people have understood me better.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
All INFJs I interacted with, vanished mystically

gravedigger6.jpg

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm helplessly attracted to INFJ males.

There, I said it! :blush:

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Specimens of the INFJ Male? Where?
*Pulls out lab-coat and gloves*

(INFJ Guys are 1/200, statistically speaking)

CollisionCourse?

MBTI Type
INTP
I had a female INFJ friend in high school, but she probably wasn't very representative. She was one of the weirdest in class and one of the quirkiest women I ever met. In class, she never interacted with anyone else, than me and one of my other friends (Chronically depressed ENFP hippie girl. What a pair.) and I don't think she had any friends outside of school, so she used to be a little clingy at times. We shared an interest in philosophy, and I always loved to hear her perspective, but I was often just forcing myself into tolerating her. At least I thought I did. Looking back, I think it's possible that I was just scared of how powerless I was in helping her with being so fucked up. I should really contact her somehow and find out how she's doing.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am about to marry one. The rest about it is well described here:

One of my very best friends is an INFJ. For a time, we had a romantic interest in one another, but I put an end to it after not really feeling it anymore.

I love that she is loyal to a fault. Very insightful. Has beliefs and sticks to them. I can have an intelligent conversation with her about people and the world. Caring.

I hate that she has a terrible temper. That when she loses the temper she can get very personal, very quickly. And I also despise that she can be manipulative with emotions. She brags about manipulating people sometimes, and that really annoys me. There has not been too many instances in which she manipulated me, as I can usually figure her out, but she is better at it than 99% of people.

With the exception me and her work together at manipulating others. That's at least what she makes me believe :D