• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The chance to be honest

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
the fact that you're a warm and caring INTJ also provides a standard against which people can measure their knowledge of mbti theory. you're something to figure out, and remember, coming from another INTJ, that's a compliment. :D
Hah, thank you very much! *bows*
Actually I must say you don't look like one of those "assy INTJs" either. You seem much warmer too. Which is cool. We need more of those INTJs. =P

runvardh said:
Your issues, what ever ones exist, are low key enough that you may need to be here a while before most of us will have any decent idea. Since they're this low key you may either need to open up more to expose them or there really isn't an issue at all. After that none of us have dealt with you IRL so that also remains a large roadblock. Sorry, but I guess all I can do is repeat what others have said.
Well thank you. =)
Oh and I dun mind people repeating. At least this means I am not as bad as some people always tried to make me believe. ^,~

And about the real life thing...I will clarify that a bit in my next Blog. I am just starting now. Hopefully I can finish it quickly. Will be pretty long, tho. ^^°°

Rmacy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm interested to hear what you come up with.

I've had something of a problem along these lines.

It may be that you're insecure or that you have a lot of "emotional baggage"?

I dunno when I try to open up to people and figure out my issues they hightail it or just ignore me.

I find that I'm becoming more and more detached every day.

I think my problem which could also be yours, is that you need to accept who you are and not care what others think about you. Be less insecure and more assertive. Maybe more transparent? I get people telling me that I'm "sneaky" all the time.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I'm interested to hear what you come up with.

I've had something of a problem along these lines.

It may be that you're insecure or that you have a lot of "emotional baggage"?

I dunno when I try to open up to people and figure out my issues they hightail it or just ignore me.

I find that I'm becoming more and more detached every day.

I think my problem which could also be yours, is that you need to accept who you are and not care what others think about you. Be less insecure and more assertive. Maybe more transparent? I get people telling me that I'm "sneaky" all the time.
That is actually very interesting. And yes, it could even be possible. I still have some unsolves issues, which you probably COULD call "emotional baggage". I used to have way more, but I fixed it quite fine. But some stuff is still there, heh. I am working on it tho. Every day, almost. So yes, thank you. =)

MBTI Type
INxJ
That is actually very interesting. And yes, it could even be possible. I still have some unsolves issues, which you probably COULD call "emotional baggage". I used to have way more, but I fixed it quite fine. But some stuff is still there, heh. I am working on it tho. Every day, almost. So yes, thank you. =)

Is anyone completely free of emotional hangups or baggage? This is human, yes?

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Is anyone completely free of emotional hangups or baggage? This is human, yes?
Heh, yeah very true, really. I am happy I have such a smart friend. *pats you, because you "love" that so much :D*

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, *lol* @ 01011010 :D

Anyways...since this is basically my thread to be honest...how about I say something that honestly bothers me about people. :D
I was just getting rant at for being an INTJ. Awesome.
A former friend I used to have for 5 years was complaining that "she always has to write ME".
So, first of all: I never asked her to. She just always did it. So technically it is her own fault that she is trying to blame on me. Very smart.

Second: why should I even write her when I exactly know what she is gonna say anyways? During all those years she always had the same problem over and over and actually it got even worse. So why write her when I exactly know it is gonna end up in me being her Bla-Bla-logist again?
She just always has the same to say. So yeah, not my choice to go. Also, I seem to be the only person taking those "away signs" in the messengers serious. I mean when a person has a sign going "away" or whatever I assume it has a reason, so of course I don't write them. :rolli:

Additionally she complained about the group not working. the group contains 4 people (me included). We used to be friends, but we all got our own ways, basically and she doesn't like it. The funniest thing, she was obviously missing: all those people are introverts. Real introverts. So how in Hell should a group of introverts work out? I mean every one of those four individuals goes off and sits in his corner, and because it is introverts we just sit there and do our stuff. So how did she think that would work out, when there is no extrovert who will walk up to the others and start a talk? :D

During all this talk she basically tried to make me feel guilty about being an INTJ. Man, some people must be so bored.
I mean, yeah I see her point. It is kinda sad it didn't work out and all but it's just not possible. I mean I could try to be "extrovert" and walk up to them, say hi and whatever but...besides me not wanting to do this, because it is just not me, what's the point anyways? All I ever got from this "fabulous group" was serious health problems because I used to be - you know - very helpful and I would listen to the same crap over and over, trying to work my butt off to help them and all and yeah, I got seriously sick (mostly stress sympthoms etc). I don't exactly need that. She says she understands that, and yet she tries to make me feel guilty. Too bad it doesn't work.

So, there we go with my INTJ-ness. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am always honest ! ( especially when impaired :cheers: )

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If she's so gungho to see things start she should get her ass in gear instead of just her mouth. *shrug*

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
If she's so gungho to see things start she should get her ass in gear instead of just her mouth. *shrug*
*lol* I couldn't have said it better, runvardh! :D
:hug:

And entro, you suck. :D

Heh, I am glad she is offline now. My stomach was starting to get upset and hurt. Bleh. I seriously can take criticism and everything but not in that way. People can tell me normally and respectful about that stuff and not in that "manipulative, blaming" kind of way. That stuff makes me all rebellish and upset. :shock:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh, I am glad she is offline now. My stomach was starting to get upset and hurt. Bleh. I seriously can take criticism and everything but not in that way. People can tell me normally and respectful about that stuff and not in that "manipulative, blaming" kind of way. That stuff makes me all rebellish and upset. :shock:

:hug: Drink some water or something mildly alkaline.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
:hug: Drink some water or something mildly alkaline.
Heh, nah it's fine again. I get that when I am stressed or when somebody upsets me REALLY much. And as soon as the person or stress is gone again my stomach turns normal. Luckily. *lol*

Tho, now I wonder if she might be an extrovert. I mean, are introverts THAT bothered when they don't have contacts with people? I don't think so? Okay, occasionally maybe but not like...all the time. I think.

In any case, I like being an INTJ. So I am sure not gonna change. Especially not for her. :shock:
On a sidenote...I DO write people to ask how they are. At least here I do so. It's not that I do that every day, but nobody complained so far.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Ew. I'll go slap her for you, kay?

Don't feel guilty for being an INTJ, ever. :hug:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Ew. I'll go slap her for you, kay?

Don't feel guilty for being an INTJ, ever. :hug:
Haha, well thank you! But I don't think that helps. She is uh..."special". :D

Nah, I sure won't be. People can say I am "introvert" all they want. I mean...did she mean this is like an insult? *lol*
We should found a group..."INTJ and proud of it" or so. Oh wait, we do that already. :D

You know, it is awesome how many people actually understand me here. I love it. That's exactly why I like to be here and why I made so many friends here. You actually UNDERSTAND me. My old friends never did, as you obviously see.
Sometimes I told her about this place and she would go all "you exaggerate" on me. Like I was worshipping MBTI and like I was talking crap or...IDK. She basically said I would stick to it too much. Yeah uh, how about I love it here because for once I don't have to put on masks and because I feel understood here? :doh:

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
You know, it is awesome how many people actually understand me here. I love it. That's exactly why I like to be here and why I made so many friends here. You actually UNDERSTAND me. My old friends never did, as you obviously see.

Being understood is lovely. Well. Partial understanding and attempts at understanding are lovely. I don't think I would want to be fully understood --- then there would be nothing left. (Not sure if I make sense to anyone but me right now, although on this forum, whenever I've doubted the coherency of my ramblings I've been very pleasantly surprised with the result).

Although having friends in real life who also know MBTI and talk to you about it can be a tad weird. Like, 'are you psychoanalyzing me right now?'

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
*lol* Yeah yeah...we don't do it...MUCH! You rock, Sonata. :D

Yeah well, I didn't say people need to understand me completely. Tho, seems she understood me like... o.5% or so? *lol*
So yup, makes sense. *nod*

Heh, since I doubt I will have friends in Real Life ever...no problem for me. :D
No seriously, I enjoy having "online" friends. I love you guys. And who needs physical contact anyways. I can still hug my screen or so, if I need to. *lol*
Yeah, yeah. I am being random again. Sorry. =P
Maybe I should sleep. (Yeah, like yesterday alright. Wanted to go to bed at around 10PM, cuz I was so tired. Next thing I know is I was still sitting here at 8AM. Is that an INTJ thing or is it just me? :D)

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Yay. I think I'm just incredibly used to half of what I say not making sense in an SJ world --- nothing against any SJs who may be lurking. So I can never quite tell what will be understood by anyone with an N and what has to do with my occasional inability to translate my thoughts into English.

Sooo feel free to be as random as you like, because I will be.

And I think that you could have friends in real life, if you'd like them. I have some, and you and I are freakishly similar --- by the transitive property, you could have some. (I've been taking too many math and physics tests lately). Of course, it all depends on whether you want any or not. Personally, I believe they have their perks. ;)

That has happened to me to a lesser degree --- not so much lately, probably because I'm chronically sleep-deprived. I don't know if it's an INTJ thing (other types, weigh in if you're here?) but I think it could be an inferior Se or Si thing. Seems to be about not noticing when you're tired or what time it is.

But I kind of like when that happens. It means I'm doing something that I'm really absorbed in.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It happens to me too. It's why I have clocks all around me just in case so I manage to get to bed at some decent time.