• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP: ESFP magnet ?

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I started typing my casual friends and to my surprise, they're practically all ESFPs. Some are very typical ESFPs, to the last detail. And many would just never let go, it feels I am being stalked at times.

Is it a coincidence, or is this a recurrent phenomenon ?

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't mind, as long as you're not sobbing.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not good with the functions. I just started 'learning' them. But I thought INFP are the crying type (Not trying to insult, only exaggerating the functions), while INFJ are those that hold a grudge.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, I've found some ESFPs seemingly magnetically attracted.

Once I've opened my mouth, the attraction has faded. I think that we enjoy each other superficially, but I lack the stability they need and they lack the depth I want.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I kind of 'converted' 3 of them to atheism -well I just gave my blunt opinion and they followed- They take what I say as 'sacred', so it was not only superficial, they usually come to me asking me about rather intellectual matters.

I could think they act this way probably to gain my friendship, but when we're in groups, they're always on my side of the 'debate'.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not so amazing with functions either, but I know mine. Especially Fi... it's fascinating even to myself. But no, I don't believe we're the crying type (especially not in my case) people often tell me I'm hard to read. Nemo explains it better than I ever could, here http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/6703-fi-why-does-drive-you-nuts.html#post246069

INFJ's... Well you'd have to ask one.

That makes a little more sense, only problem is that I have nothing to compare Fi with. I'll just read about each function at a time.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
There was a woman on a TV programme who was all sorts of fun. Spiked up, dyed red hair; owned a costume shop; very much 'just enjoy the now'. I would assume she is an ESFP. :wubbie:

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
The day I am an ESFP magnet is the day I die and go to heaven

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Then it's only me ? It just seems so odd I expected it has to be an INTP trait.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I’m a total ESFx magnet *shrug* I don’t get it.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Try to stop being such a badass.

Try? Iunno, that reeks of effort.

Anyhoo I'm not a badass, I'm sarcastic and indifferent, they seem to like that :huh: Meanwhile they entertain me so it works but I can only take them in small doses.

lane777

nevermore
Try? Iunno, that reeks of effort.

Anyhoo I'm not a badass, I'm sarcastic and indifferent, they seem to like that :huh: Meanwhile they entertain me so it works but I can only take them in small doses.

So true, it's a combo men can't resist.

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I know in Socionics, the INTp and ESFp are the relationship of duality, which is supposed to be the strongest. While it's not MBTI, I believe the two theories are very similar.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Meanwhile they entertain me so it works but I can only take them in small doses.

Exactly, I need to run away from them for a couple of months every now and then and fake dead.

So true, it's a combo men can't resist.

Girls too apparently.

I know in Socionics, the INTp and ESFp are the relationship of duality, which is supposed to be the strongest. While it's not MBTI, I believe the two theories are very similar.

I don't think it's the strongest, that would be for NTJ types probably. But there is quite a complementary bond.