User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    ENTJ are too obvious to be successfully manipulative. Their agendas are too open.
    ya thats a good way to put it. its not efficient for ENTJs to be manipulative. does that mean they can't be manipulative? of course not, I just cant see it happening often.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Those are subjective measures mainly, which is what I was driving at - ergo it could appear manipulative to you, but to the person exercising it, it may not have been that way at all, just sayin'... That which we call integrity refers to our own, but what of the person being true to himself, even if it appears manipulative to others... who's the best judge of what is manipulation anyway...
    Oh, I know it when I see it, same as knowing it's f'n day or night when I walk outside. And being a manipulative ass is very true to some peoples' selves.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Chemgrl82 View Post
    I agree with everything you say in that post but I look at it as proof that we're not manipulative. We may be overbearing and harsh but we're definitely not manipulative in any sense. The people who travel the gray roads in life are always looking for subtext and are equipped with the insight into how to underhandedly deal with situations they're too afraid to speak up for outright or whatever reason.

In pushing others and testing them to see what their limits are, I see that as forcing them to come out of hiding from under their little gray blankets and face the black or white stark truth of who/what they are. When we want an answer, we want it NOW and we want it to be presented in its rawest form.

Everyone is metaphorically born black or white (not referring to the actual color of anyone's skin, obviously. What I mean by this is that we enter into the world as blank slates; slates that have yet to be filled with any shade/color, thus either black or white; an amalgam of all colors fused into one color or the absolute absence of color) but other types slowly subconsciously and consciously let the gray seep into their existence. ENTJ's on the other hand, are super aware of this; which is why we're constantly looking to battle and conquer those gray notions/ideas that try and pervade into our black or white ways of existing.

Even to extreme F types, we might seem unreasonably unyielding or intensely cold, but they would never call us manipulative.

Obviously though there is always an exception to the rule and the only instance that I can think of in which an ENTJ might be manipulative is if they're very insecure or have weird psychological complexes.

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog

MBTI
    INxJ

My closest friend is ENTJ. She's intelligent enough to pull it off successfully, but she's never done anything remotely manipulative in the many years I've known her.

MBTI
    INFJ

ENTJ/Ps are a great study! I find they relate to most others through manipulative means to get what they want. They tend to be completely unaware of their tendencies to do so, too. If I brought it up, they might say something to the effect that I'm "reading into their behavior." I can't tell you how many times I've seen an ENTP/J in action, attempting to use the feelings of (particularly) NFs to their advantage to convince them that something the ENTP wants is really the NFs idea. You can call it persuasion and charm all you want. I call it manipulation. You guys are sharks! ESFJs may give you a run for your money, though. They employ guilt AND instill shame.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    ENTJ/Ps are a great study! I find they relate to most others through manipulative means to get what they want. They tend to be completely unaware of their tendencies to do so, too. If I brought it up, they might say something to the effect that I'm "reading into their behavior." I can't tell you how many times I've seen an ENTP/J in action, attempting to use the feelings of (particularly) NFs to their advantage to convince them that something the ENTP wants is really the NFs idea. You can call it persuasion and charm all you want. I call it manipulation. You guys are sharks! ESFJs may give you a run for your money, though.
    Hahaha the only F types in my life that have ever remotely thought I was manipulative were ENFJ and INFJ. And mostly it's because both types definitely read too much into my behavior (or wished there was more to read into my behavior because they didn't want to accept that someone could be so black and white) and considered my logic or rationality manipulative because it forced them to see what they didn't want to see or face.

They considered my lack of regard for their feelings "manipulative" which I can see how it can be misconstrued as manipulation from an XNFJ's point of view because they're feelings are attached to almost everything they think and do.

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    They employ guilt AND instill shame.
    You guys only think we do 'cause you're so damn sensitive!

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Extremely. And in my experience, they're sadistic bastards too.

/stereotype

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I enjoy torturing small animals.
    I piss in my bed.
    I set my hair on fire.

'nuff said.

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of testing people. An optimistic approximation gives me 100 years to live (so, 80 more). Do I want to maximize my happiness through this time-interval, or waste time playing games? Well, the choice seems obvious to me.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think ENTJ's are manipulative at all, in my experience they're very direct and tend to tell you outright what they think, expect and want of you, and to give you ample opportunity to refuse. If you happen to feel too "intimidated" to refuse, that's your problem, quite rightly. I agree with FDG, I've seldom known them to play games.

If ENTP's use NF's feelings for manipulation, then I'd love to know what you call the megalithic guilt trips I routinely receive from NF's...

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow_Jem View Post
    I agree with everything you say in that post but I look at it as proof that we're not manipulative. We may be overbearing and harsh but we're definitely not manipulative in any sense. The people who travel the gray roads in life are always looking for subtext and are equipped with the insight into how to underhandedly deal with situations they're too afraid to speak up for outright or whatever reason.

In pushing others and testing them to see what their limits are, I see that as forcing them to come out of hiding from under their little gray blankets and face the black or white stark truth of who/what they are. When we want an answer, we want it NOW and we want it to be presented in its rawest form.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. Specially the bold part. I've been on the receiving end of that in a community group for several months and the underlined part, it's so destructive it's unbelievable.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen