User Tag List

First 891011 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

yeah they are - or since they're being so SENSITIVE about it *chuckle*, let's say "they can be". but the good news is, they aren't very good or subtle at it. Its usually very transparent what they are after because they are so used to wearing their intentions on their sleeves.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Manipulative is the wrong word, it has the wrong connotations. Bossy and in charge, yes, manipulative sounds a bit more sly and subtle.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I would say some are and some aren't. My sister in an entj and she isnt.... at all. I also have a "friend" who is an entj and he is extremely manipulative (and a huge douche bag)

MBTI
    ENTP

No. Generally they don't possess the tools to be manipulative. That is to say, when an ENTJ is trying to be manipulative, they're the only ones who think they're being subtle.

Of course, I might just be saying this because it's obvious to me, a fellow NT...
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTJ

After asking a few people I just found out that I was the most manipulative person they've ever met.

I had no idea of this whatsoever. And I though it was laid back .. WOW

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    After asking a few people I just found out that I was the most manipulative person they've ever met.

:yim_rolling_on_the_ Ignorance was bliss.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ Ignorance was bliss.
    On an good note, at least I'll have a good chance to make a fortune selling fresh snow to an Eskimo. Or just persuade the owner of TypologyCentral to sell me the forum and own this place haha

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think that when backed into a corner or on the verge of losing something important, yes, we can be manipulative. Especially emotionally - which is odd because it's not what we want to be at all. It's kind of a last resort when we feel we have no other options. Other than that, if someone is becoming a barrier to something I'm interested in accomplishing I will simply either circumvent them or find some other way to get to where i want to go. That's probably why most of the time I'm "doing it myself" - that way I don't *have* to include anyone on the decision. It just gets done. I think that most of the time we are too busy externally rationalizing our decisions with people (to make them accomplish what we think are logical goals) to be surreptitious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post

After reading your post. I went up to my mother and asked her the same question,

My Mom does this and says " First Class"

..... maybe it's a type thing. If we don't even notice when we're being manipulative, imagine when we actually do, how obvious it is to everyone else around us...

MBTI
    ENTJ

OHH MY!!! LOL

I was over my parents house a few days ago and they were actually the first people I asked!

I asked them about my childhood ...

My mom said I was the cutest cold-hearted baby she'd ever seen.

My dad said I was always full of shit when I was a teenager, but somehow I had this supernatural skill to extract anything I ever wanted out of them.

He said I'd probably end up being a shrewd businessman one day and I'd be reaping millions of dollars but I'd never be able to experience the company of good friends or true love.

And I though I was a good boy that never did anything wrong!

I never though of myself being manipulative, just extremely persuasive.

Do you ENTJs out there think likewise? Are your persuasion and debating skills viewed by others as a manipulation tactic?