User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Something weird happened to me

A week ago i had a dream about a correlation plot of two enzymes I was studying 2 years ago and in my dream their activities were in perfect correlation.
    At the time of the original study (approx. 2 years ago) involving above mentioned enzymes, we didn`t even thought about looking at correlation between them, because we studied the enzymes in connection to various diseases and there was no mention in the literature of them being in correlation.
    So, after my dream I put the 2 years old raw data into the SPSS (statistical program) and calculated the correlation. And I almost fell off my chair, because it was exactly the same as in my dream!
    So, right now, I am writing a nice paper
    The brain really works in mysterious ways,...

My question: Did anything like this ever happened to you? Is this connected to extraverted intuition or intuition in general?

MBTI
    INXP

Sweet.

I've done the Homer Simpson invention thing where there's something so fantastically mind-blowing, but I just can't see it.

I've also told good jokes and written poetry in my dreams. I wish my conscious would catch up!
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've compose a poem while half asleep. And been through some really fascinating stories and movie-like visuals when asleep. They felt awesome in my head, but I'm not sure about exactly how creative they actually are... probably only my half asleep lucid-dreaming mind likes it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by booya moon View Post
    A week ago i had a dream about a correlation plot of two enzymes I was studying 2 years ago and in my dream their activities were in perfect correlation.
    At the time of the original study (approx. 2 years ago) involving above mentioned enzymes, we didn`t even thought about looking at correlation between them, because we studied the enzymes in connection to various diseases and there was no mention in the literature of them being in correlation.
    So, after my dream I put the 2 years old raw data into the SPSS (statistical program) and calculated the correlation. And I almost fell off my chair, because it was exactly the same as in my dream!
    So, right now, I am writing a nice paper
    The brain really works in mysterious ways,...

My question: Did anything like this ever happened to you? Is this connected to extraverted intuition or intuition in general?
    I have woken up and felt I knew the solution to a problem, though never anything as specific as yours.

Who knows what it's caused by? I usually attribute it to God.

MBTI
    ENTP

supposively Karl Lagerfeld gets his best ideas from dreams too.
    incase you dont know who this guy is, he is the head designer for Chanel. the white hair + black suit. anyone who watches mtv may have seen him once or twice

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

The snake that swallowed its tail. It's awesome when things like that happens.

Sometimes I get interesting ideas about new games etc from my dreams. But those aren't related at all to my work. The problem solving intuition for me works best while I'm awake and just puttering on random things. Like how I figured out what's wrong with some of my coding while I was doing the dishes.

MBTI
    ENTP

All the time, I used to do serous statisitc in the twightlight zone between awake and asleep.

it realted to your consious memory not being able to access things directly, sometimes doing something mundane allows your brain to process better.

You may also find you are right brain dominant, which would mean you are better at joing the dots up than you might realise. Also P types work in this way.

L

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by edel weiss View Post
    I've compose a poem while half asleep. And been through some really fascinating stories and movie-like visuals when asleep. They felt awesome in my head, but I'm not sure about exactly how creative they actually are... probably only my half asleep lucid-dreaming mind likes it.
    This, plus mad poker dreams when I was first learning it/playing like every day. (I'd wake up at 3AM thinking "Shit! I shoulda raised him...")
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

IMO, it's all the unconscious mind and the unconscious mind is a vast and mysterious thing. Even moreso than many could even hint to knowing.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so