User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

If its recreational I will go for debate and if not I will go for the kill.

An INTP girl and I would take a subject and pick a side with the flip of a coin. The objective would be to provide the most logical and valid arguments to win the case. It was not only fun but interesting. I found myself knowing certain topics far more after having argued them this way.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    If its recreational I will go for debate and if not I will go for the kill.

An INTP girl and I would take a subject and pick a side with the flip of a coin. The objective would be to provide the most logical and valid arguments to win the case. It was not only fun but interesting. I found myself knowing certain topics far more after having argued them this way.
    Now THATS entertainment!
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I know a lot of EPs are said to like to debate, I was wondering, how do you debate?

I have a tendency to try to look for the edge and move in for the kill. I want to finalize it. Does everyone debate this way?
    Heh, you know I debate for the kill...

That conversation the other day was hilariousness.

ThatGirl

I think there are times when someone says something that you can just step back and look and see the entire whole of the conversation at which point it is almost exhillerating to go for the kill in an effiecient head spinning manner.

Other times I think you may be in shock of what others are saying so your steering their thoughts in order to reveal more information and gain knowledge of all side of their argument.

Other times yet you may be trying to persuade someone or find common ground for differences of opinion. the missing link so to speak.

All the above are fun.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I know a lot of EPs are said to like to debate, I was wondering, how do you debate?

I have a tendency to try to look for the edge and move in for the kill. I want to finalize it. Does everyone debate this way?
    I debate by uncovering the heart of the matter. The Truth.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I debate by uncovering the heart of the matter. The Truth.
    There's often truth to both sides of an argument. It's not hard to be right. It's hard to see why the other person is right too.

MBTI
    ENTP

Sometimes the truth is that both sides have an equal claim to different aspects of the whole complexity. In which case, I would state such an argument.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Sometimes the truth is that both sides have an equal claim to different aspects of the whole complexity. In which case, I would state such an argument.
    True that.

If it's about something that doesn't really matter, it's a normal debate. If my own ego is involved, I aim to destroy.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Kill if I think that they're a dangerous idiot... sometimes

the rest of the time it's debate- I'm more interested in playing with ideas and asking questions than flat out killing my plaything (the other person). If I kill, the argument will be over and I'll get bored.

I hate being bored
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett