User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, I was your classic INTJ. My mom ran a daycare when I was little so she could stay home with me. I was always recruiting the other kids to help me with my ideas. Once, my older brother told me that potato bugs could swim, so I got a bunch of my friends to go through the garden with with me and collect bugs to put into a jar of water. That didn't end well...

A lot of the time, though, I just did things on my own. I had two older sisters. The second oldest was always tagging along with the oldest (to the oldest's aggravation). I never did that. They took ballet, I could have cared less. They played jump rope in the front yard, I set up the tent in the back yard and pretended it was my secret hideout.

I had a very active imagination (still do). My parents had a bed that had a little door built into the frame. The door had a long, small crawl space behind it. I always imagined that it led to another world and that if I ever went in and turned the corner, I'd find another universe. I never went inside it... The idea was more interesting to me than the exploration of the idea. Maybe I was a bit of a chicken.

MBTI
    INTP

I was a mischievous and very curious kid. I was extremely hyper active as well, bursting with words and energy. I remember my mom used to be extremely cautious and anxious when she would come home because I used to throw myself in the very red sand that we had around (born in Kenya) and come running in to jump and give her a big hug. Play was just something that I exploited fully. I never really had the concept of sitting down and pondering, it was on the go for me. I loved to take everything apart and conduct little science experiments. There were many a toy car and other electronic accessories I took apart to figure out what made them do the magical things they could do.

Although I hated what little homework I had to do I loved reading and doing projects. I would carry them over to home and be fully immersed in my exciting and curious fantasy world. Detective books were what I lived for. Art was second nature for me, my teachers always mentioned that when they were talking to me, I was very creative and of course curious. I would love to explain every little detail about what was going on and that made me both an interesting little kid to talk to and a very almost blunt and surprisingly funny kid. I was proficient at three languages in my youth and I never passed the opportunity to really engage in conversation with any adult that was near by. Even the teachers and principals when I inevitably got in trouble, I was fearless.

I was a bit of a rough houser too. I constantly got into little spats and disputes and would settle it like a "real" boy should and didn't hesitate to get into little fights here and there. Aggression and adrenaline most certainly fueled me. It didn't help that I was a bit off a motor mouth. Competition was another thing that I looked forward to and it drove me to do many things that were sort of oppositional to my nature. I remember when I was about 5 or 6 my best friend had a little crush on a girl named Suzy and me being the bastard that I am decided to one up him and make her my new crush. I tortured and bugged her incessantly. I kinda felt bad, but in the end I did get a little peck on the cheek from her. It made my day.

As I got a little older reading and numbers captured more of my attention. I loved calculating things in my head and reading the most challenging and interesting books that were there. I was a little nerd and would love every opportunity to go to libraries and museums. I was also the sort to get really enthusiastic about a subject or thing and study it non stop. Afterward I would explain it in all it's intricate detail to anybody who crossed my path. The internet and programming were two things that really got my attention for a little while. I always loved getting a laugh to and would go to great lengths to get them. It wasn't a rare sight to see me sing and dance and just make a fool of myself in front of my class and friends.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

I read a lot of books, watched tons of documentary stuff on tv, asked people (my grandmother knew quite a lot, so that's where I always went to) and of course I did lots of researches on my own. I just tried stuff like a scientist would. And only because somebody said "something is that way" I didn't just believe them. I always did my own researches, and even if in the end I really got the result that some person told me...at least it was my results and me finding out.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    When I was like 6 or 7 I had a mini-existential crisis about how horrifying the concept of "forever" was to me. Sometimes I would freak out in the middle of the night while picturing myself existing up in space for ever and ever.
    Darn. I was this way too. Occasionally this thought would seize me and I would have a mini panic attack. I felt that no one else had this phobia, and thus didn't share it with anyone. Dark times.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

I read philosophy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I never really explored others' ideas, I came up with my own.

I did conceptualizing of my own worlds and only used external stimuli as a jumping off point.
    That's profoundly Te dominant/Ni auxiliary!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I asked a lot of questions my whole childhood, I think.

This one time I nearly drove one of our teachers nuts asking why black and white weren't a colour. "It's just not," she'd say, and I be like, "but why not?" back and forth for about ten minutes before she snapped "I don't know, okay?!" So of course after that I was sure it was just this silly thing some moron had made up to annoy people (me).

Actually, in the later classes in (the equivalent of) elementary school I rather suspected that the teachers just weren't that smart. When I got an assignment, I'd always try to do it in the way the teacher least expected.

I used to hop on a bus to go the library and borrow a couple of grocery-bags of books, then proceed to read them all in a week or so. I think the librarians recognized me after a while. When I read Lord of the Rings, I deliberately took my time with it to enjoy it. Afterwards, I was so proud that I'd used a whole month on it.