User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    exactly!
    Are you trying to say I drive you crazy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    ME, TOO. The concept of eternity was the scariest thing I could think of as a child, and it still freaks me out.
    It really surprises me that this is turning out to be a common theme. Perhaps not being able to conceptualize something is scary for an INT?

I wasn't afraid of eternity at all. All that time to procrastinate and fuck-up as much as you want, and an eternity of do-overs to get it right - heaven!
    But I've never been afraid of mortality either.
    I only have irrational fears, never rational ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    IsTP

Allow me to get the emo-crap part of my childhood out of the way: Social outcast, very few friends, treated badly, didn't like to socialize.

Subsequently I spent much of my time exploring the woods around my house, building forts, playing in/around the nearby stream and river. I would also occasionally help out my dad when he worked on the family cars, or the dirtbikes. I look back and feel very lucky to be raised in such a rural area.

My parents eventually got the internet, I think around 1996 or 97, which was 'cutting edge' given we were clear in the sticks. I almost instantly became proficient on the computer and spent a lot of time in a nerdy fantasy-themed chat room RP. I spent untold hours acting out fictional characters. I think because of this I both fascinated and frustrated my english teachers, who marveled at my writing talent (at the time, not presently) yet couldn't figure out why I wouldn't do much work, and was completely satisfied squeaking by with a D or C grade. I believe the word 'potential' cropped up in every single parent-teacher confrence.

Grades in Math suffered, as did History (which actually I find intensely interesting now). Science topics on the other hand were very fascinating to me, and I scored almost perfect in Biology, Botany, Physiology. My grades in Chemistry and Physics weren't as good, probably because of there mathematical aspects, but still they interested me.

As for my thought process I really can't say, I was a spur-of-the moment kid and would often just go off on my own and keep to myself, it was always deeply comforting to be alone with my thoughts.

deleted

When I was quite young I designed fantasy buildings through architecture and engineering mimicry. Every day I had a new idea to implement to just myself. I used physical objects as props, such as the tree represents the original data source. With two sensor parents, I had to pretend I was in the physical world, so I made it look like I was out and about but I couldn't keep my eyes out of my imagination. I never liked the real world when I would occasionally see it. I remember viewing it as "dry" or "blendy" :/ (probably just me)

I remember being about 9 and organizing all of my ideas and math equations in this notebook. I had a white board with shapes and names which classified them, since each shape fit a certain angle of my puzzle. I don't really remember what I was doing. If I still had that notebook I would be able to identify all of the equations. (I write a lot less now.) In elementary school I was definitely super INTP creative prodigy, with music and math. My teachers said I was extremely gifted in a few areas. Middle school and high school were constant discussions with the teachers trying to give them my insight on their classwork, which proved well to about half of them. It seemed like every hour was a new question to perfect, which had nothing to do with schoolwork. I remember that everyone I heard speak sounded quite unconvincing and contradictory, though I always remained pretty humble towards them. For about a year I was in rush mode, humming and bumming new musical tunes I composed in my head for the school band and they gave me money. I wandered around campus aimlessly, skipping class simply to pace around school. Pacing helped me think better. Or maybe it was the fresh air.

The past seems like a jungle to me now, but I remember viewing it as so orderly and needed to be perfected back then. That is most likely because my past was a "select few" things.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    My parents eventually got the internet, I think around 1996 or 97, which was 'cutting edge' given we were clear in the sticks. I almost instantly became proficient on the computer and spent a lot of time in a nerdy fantasy-themed chat room RP.
    The lure of the internet. Oh I can definitely relate! I've became fairly addicted to text-based rpgs. There's something to be said of imagining yourself in a fantasy world and interacting with like-minds. A place for play-acting. You can be whoever you wish and can do practically whatever you want. It was the perfect escape from my very SJ family.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    The lure of the internet. Oh I can definitely relate! I've became fairly addicted to text-based rpgs. There's something to be said of imagining yourself in a fantasy world and interacting with like-minds. A place for play-acting. You can be whoever you wish and can do practically whatever you want. It was the perfect escape from my very SJ family.
    Ahh, yes! Now I remember what happened to this supposed exploration phase. It got eaten by the computer. I think I started using it as early as nine or so playing Civilization II and doing research on my pet cockatiel. Eventually I started playing Age of Empires, which had an online component, and joined a forum. And after that, I was just a plain addict.

MBTI
    ENTP

i didnt even think theories or studied at all.
    i just played computer games like diablo 2, wc3, starcraft, lineage 2, etc all day. its been recently that i stopped playing games and went into exploring the world. which is after 2 yrs since puberty ended.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

In 7th grade, I stayed up every night watching A&E's Evening at the Improv, sometimes even Caroline's (which came on after), and slept through my first class or two. In 8th grade I think I switched to the late night talk shows.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    ME, TOO. The concept of eternity was the scariest thing I could think of as a child, and it still freaks me out. I never could understand why people thought getting to live FOREVER in heaven was such a great thing. I couldn't wrap my brain around never, ever dying.
    My ISTP son and my ENFJ son both struggled with this as well.
    When they were little, they would actually cry about it!
    I was entirely flabbergasted how they couldn't look forward to "forever".
    Since I grew up in an abusive home,
    heaven was something I have looked forward to from a very young age.
    They have both found their own way to deal with it since then.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I I *loved* reading, to the point where I was occasionally bribed/rewarded with books. It never ever felt like punishment, although I did sometimes get told off for reading too much.
    My Mom used to ground me from whichever book I was reading for punishment because she knew it was the only thing that would bother me. (It drove me INSANE to be halfway through a book and not be able to read it) She would tell me to go outside and play, and I'd smuggle a book out with me and find a place to read. lol

When I wasn't able to do that, it seemed like I was constantly categorizing everything. I had collections and maps and structures for damn near everything. Coins, rocks, books, stuffed animals... I'd organize and then find a new way to organize them. I kept lists all over the place and drew maps of everything around our house. (Since it was in the middle of nowhere with one visible neighbor it mostly consisted of interesting trees, rocks or formations around our home)

My Dad is also of a very scientific nature so he would always tell me the how and why of all things Physics, Biology, Chemistry related whenever it applied. (IE - Hey Misty Girl, if I dropped a brick off the balcony and then a feather, which one would fall faster? What if it were in a vacuum? Could we create a vacuum out here? What if we put the feather on top of the brick and dropped them at the same time? So if I had two round sprocs, one with 15 pegs and one with 30, and they were each turning at the same speed, which one would pull more links of chain?) He still brings up a question I asked him one morning on a Cheerios box when I was little: If I'm building a house where all four walls face south and a bear walks by, what color is the bear?

I was always observing, connecting, associating everything. And always marching to the beat of a different drum, doing things that I thought were cool that other kids laughed at. I was confused at their reactions and thought everyone should think they were cool.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I didn't read or academically learned anything when I was kid, I was constantly daydreaming, usually about philosophical/existential subjects; free will, death, life, perception, relativity, conscience, reality/delusion etc.

The rest of the time, I was daydreaming to fulfill my fantasies, created my own world inside my head.

It was somehow 'pathological', since daydreaming prevented me from doing anything else practically, but I got to tame it as I got older.