• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTP buffoonery

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
When I was showing him the trees in this place that I love he began an enthusiastic exposition on the cool firefighting machines they have that can very efficiently mow down trees in order to fight forest fires. :huh: :boohoo:
:huh: :rofl1:

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I love this thread.
I have an INTP dad who notoriously puts on different shoes on his legs, is cheated in the market place, doesn't remember BASIC facts about his family (like what grades were my brother and I in actually), leaves the coffee-maker on long after the coffee is made, and never finds anything in the fridge.
He's very amusing!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I love this thread.
I have an INTP dad who notoriously puts on different shoes on his legs, is cheated in the market place, doesn't remember BASIC facts about his family (like what grades were my brother and I in actually), leaves the coffee-maker on long after the coffee is made, and never finds anything in the fridge.
He's very amusing!
What do you think is the function he is deficient in: of the 8 functions?
Please read the function descriptions carefully.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
What do you think is the function he is deficient in: of the 8 functions?
Please read the function descriptions carefully.

Probably he's the worst at Si and Fe (not very good at showing empathy and emotional support). That's my guess.

O

Oberon

Over the years I have learned when to soften the joking and humor-poking...
.... well, most of the time. <eye roll>

(Oberon is probably still miffed at me over something that happened probably 14 years ago, after he had confided in me how attractive a particular coworker was, and then at a get-together at a friend's house, I interrupted the entire group conversation by saying very loudly, "But you said she was a looker!" -- right in front of Oberon's wife. Oh, if looks could kill...!)

LOL...My wife was there, and the co-worker in question was there too, and they both heard it quite plainly, and understood what it meant. :doh:

If looks could kill, my friend, it's unlikely that any fragment of your body recognizable as such would have ever been found. Fortunately for both of us, I'm over it.

Right?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love this thread.
He's very amusing!
And here I thought these were simply Y chromosome traits.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, I don't know. My brother even pulled me aside to talk to me about it later!

All I can say is that, when I read it, I came very very close to snorting premium Starbucks (with a dab of creamer) out my nose!

About 90% of women will raise their hackles with a comment like that.

LOL...My wife was there, and the co-worker in question was there too, and they both heard it quite plainly, and understood what it meant.

:D ... :blush:

You were right about one thing, at least -- Ape was quite the looker.

O

Oberon

:D ... :blush:

You were right about one thing, at least -- Ape was quite the looker.

More vivacious than beautiful, but intriguing to the max to this then-twenty-something, and with even more personality than looks.

It was April who saved the day at the Christmas party by saying "...you know you shouldn't say things like that! What are you thinking?" or some such thing, and everyone had a nervous uncomfortable laugh and we all started talking suddenly about something...ANYTHING...else.

In the stunned silence between your words and Ape's, I was torn between losing control of my anger and losing control of my bowels. Fortunately I did neither.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the stunned silence between your words and Ape's, I was torn between losing control of my anger and losing control of my bowels.

Now THAT would have been funny.

outcast

MBTI Type
enfj
While I have often witnessed NTP buffoonery, I am fortunate enough that the NTPs in my life have learned to be sensitive in their remarks.

My hubby is an NTP and my best male friend besides him is also. They will both testify that it has taken them years to learn to control their comments. In fact, my friend is someone I have known since high school and I recall when he used to be a real ass with the things he would say to people. He didn't mean to be offensive. To him it was just speaking the truth for the truth's sake.

Now he cringes when he remembers his former self. I laugh. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Talking about NT insensitivity:

I had this idea for one of those drop tower rides for a Paramount theme park (now owned by Cedar Fair) that I would call World Trade Center: The Ride, themed after the hit motion picture from Paramount Pictures (and Oliver Stone), World Trade Center.

Or I had this other idea for a first-person shooter video game called Columbine.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
There's my fantastic idea for a Canned-Food Mortar (TM), which I would use to launch canned goods at curbside beggars from the comfort of my car.

Or my great idea for dealing with headaches from low-angle light flickering through trees when driving by painting the car windows black.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's my fantastic idea for a Canned-Food Mortar (TM), which I would use to launch canned goods at curbside beggars from the comfort of my car.

Worse, I bet you wouldn't even launch a can opener along with them.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Or my great idea for dealing with headaches from low-angle light flickering through trees when driving by painting the car windows black.

If you're such an idea-oriented out-of-the-box thinker, then why are you an ISTJ? :tongue:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're such an idea-oriented out-of-the-box thinker, then why are you an ISTJ? :tongue:

Because We Are Not CONFINED In Little Type-Sized Boxes by Our MBTI Type Anymore, ARE we???!

:D