User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NTP buffoonery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I had this happen (As the NTP) on a forum once, all sorts of problems possibly came from that. It probably has happened a lot of other times also that I don't know about.

You should PM him. He still loves firefighting apparatus. I still love trees. He still doesn't care about trees and I still don't care about firefighting apparatus.
    He doesn't care about trees!? But trees are amazing! Does he have any idea all the steps that go into photosynthesis, or pulling water through the tree, or nitrogen utilization? He is truly missing out, and I commend you for having an appreciation of these wondrous things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    He doesn't care about trees!? But trees are amazing! Does he have any idea all the steps that go into photosynthesis, or pulling water through the tree, or nitrogen utilization? He is truly missing out, and I commend you for having an appreciation of these wondrous things.
    I would put an implied liking of trees on firefighting equipment though. After all you will be saving trees whilst utilizing them even if you have to cut a few down in the process.

Has a tree every saved a piece of fire fighting equipment?
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Haha, oh boy, it slips through once in a while...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by darlets View Post
    I would put an implied liking of trees on firefighting equipment though. After all you will be saving trees whilst utilizing them even if you have to cut a few down in the process.

Has a tree every saved a piece of fire fighting equipment?
    His tone was more along the lines of "That thing could take all these suckers out!"

Probably can't be helped. He's from Kansas.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    His tone was more along the lines of "That thing could take all these suckers out!"

Probably can't be helped. He's from Kansas.
    "Suckers are swift-growing shoots which appear around the tree's base. Water sprouts spoil the look of a tree and are unproductive. Suckers rob the tree of nutrients and should always be removed promptly."

He was just trying to help your favourite trees grow and what does he get in return? You should be praising him for showing immediate and practical concern for something you love.
    Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

"Suckers are swift-growing shoots which appear around the tree's base. Water sprouts spoil the look of a tree and are unproductive. Suckers rob the tree of nutrients and should always be removed promptly."

He was just trying to help your favourite trees grow and what does he get in return? You should be praising him for showing immediate and practical concern for something you love.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Stating "Oh, I've already seen it" when my brother's fiance showed me the engagement ring that my brother had just given her. She and my brother looked very offended, but I was just stating the truth. My brother had showed it to me before he gave it to her. In retrospect, it's easy to see how that seems inconsiderate, but it wasn't meant that way. I'm still unsure if they overreacted, or if it really was rude as hell.

Feeling flustered and helpless when a friend of mine was crying after her pet was put to sleep. She said she regreted doing it. If I remember correctly, I snapped "But he's not in pain now! You should be happy for that." I know this was cold, and I knew it at the time, but I felt cornered and somewhat angry. She was screaming and hysterical; her reaction seemed overwrought and selfish, as though she was putting her feelings before the well being of another creature.

Once, in high school, a girl asked me what got on my nerves (I forget the context). I replied, "When people bug me." It was a knee jerk, honest reply that was not directed at her whatsoever, although I could tell she took it that way. She didn't try to make conversation with me again; and again, I felt guilty.

Luckily, my social skills have improved.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Stating "Oh, I've already seen it" when my brother's fiance showed me the engagement ring that my brother had just given her. She and my brother looked very offended, but I was just stating the truth. My brother had showed it to me before he gave it to her. In retrospect, it's easy to see how that seems inconsiderate, but it wasn't meant that way. I'm still unsure if they overreacted, or if it really was rude as hell.
    Is it?

Feeling flustered and helpless when a friend of mine was crying after her pet was put to sleep. She said she regreted doing it. If I remember correctly, I [remove]snapped[/remove] "But he's not in pain now! [remove]You should[/remove] be happy for that." I know this was cold, and I knew it at the time, but I felt cornered and somewhat angry. She was screaming and hysterical; her reaction seemed overwrought and selfish, as though she was putting her feelings before the well being of another creature.

Once, in high school, a girl asked me what got on my nerves (I forget the context). I replied, "When people bug me." It was a knee jerk, honest reply that was not directed at her whatsoever, although I could tell she took it that way. She didn't try to make conversation with me again; and again, I felt guilty.

Luckily, my social skills have improved.
    I think it was a good answer! People should loosen up.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

How would me PMing him help me in disrailing this thread?

I can't decide which emoticon I like better?
    or

Anyone else have an opinion?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards it myself. What's this thread about again?
    Bertrand Russell