• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Honeybee language

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Question for Intuitors out there:

Do Ns understand/see/pick up on each other's intuitive connections, as if you were all speaking a common language?

Or do Ns have trouble seeing the intuitive connections of others, as if everyone's N speaks its individual (even if similar) language?

Yes, I'm seriously wondering....:huh:

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Do Ns understand/see/pick up on each other's intuitive connections, as if you were all speaking a common language?

In my team at work, I'd say the answer is mostly yes. It's particulaly true for my boss and I - we're mostly on the same wavelength and tend to talk in vague, fuzzy terms that we both get. NP-NP seem to get each other better than NP-NJ.

T

ThatGirl

I'd say that most of the time I sort of get it. Every now and then it just clicks. I had a guy friend of mine, we would be speaking 100% metephorically, others would come up and give us weird looks saying we made no sense at all and walk away. Metaphorical debates are my favorite.

Other times people will confuse me. I sometimes thought I was less intelligant if I didn't understand, now I simply state that I dont get it ask them to explain. Everyones mind works differently.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
It's one of those things where you sort of need enough information about someone to pick up a particular algorithm of their mind and it's patterns. With some it's almost instantaneous, but even still, those that aren't as easy to figure out, the general vicinity of where their thoughts lead, and how they process things is attainable though not necessarily completely understandable. It's a lot quicker once you have it figured out. Simple conversations and interactions can reveal a surprising amount and it's effortless at times.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, but still, I think that miscommunicating between NT en NF is still very much possible and idd NJ en NP will likely understand what the other is saying but potentially very much disagree on the others view.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

I understand everyone, but Ns usually leave me less extraneous information to decipher/ignore, so it's easier.

Yes, but still, I think that miscommunicating between NT en NF is still very much possible and idd NJ en NP will likely understand what the other is saying but potentially very much disagree on the others view.
True, and I'd say that it takes experience to learn to really understand someone not like yourself, though you may still disagree.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I generally find it easy to understand the reasoning behind N's, while I may not understand or approve of it. I seem to understand it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes, it's very much like that, at least for me. It's a certain look in the eyes, I think. Can't say what it is exactly, but it's a Judas goat, betrays the whole.

Or do Ns have trouble seeing the intuitive connections of others, as if everyone's N speaks its individual (even if similar) language?

Yes, I'm seriously wondering....:huh:

No, it seems weirdly collective to me. Naturally, it takes different forms with different type expressions, but the fundamental ephemeral spaciness is there.

G

garbage

Actually, I experienced this just today at Thanksgiving dinner.

My ENTJ dad and I can have multiple threads of conversation going at the same time, and when one of us starts talking about something new and seemingly unrelated to what we were just talking about, I can immediately pick up on the connection and how he jumped from some train of thought to the new one. He'll start laughing because something I or someone else said reminded him of something, and it's as if I'm already in his own head when I know what he's about to talk about afterward. My ISFJ mom usually stares at us in disbelief :)

Most of the time, I actually find that I'm on the same wavelength as my dad much more than I am my mom..

Last edited:

MBTI Type
INxJ
My ENTJ dad and I can have multiple threads of conversation going at the same time, and when one of us starts talking about something new and seemingly unrelated to what we were just talking about, I can immediately pick up on the connection and how he jumped from some train of thought to the new one. He'll start laughing because something I or someone else said reminded him of something, and it's as if I'm already in his own head when I know what he's about to talk about afterward.

lol N talk (connectivity) is great.

OP: I think it's easiest when it's with Ns you know in person.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
bee-waggle-dance.gif
817-1-med.gif

Flower-Bee2.gif

Kanamori

And now I know how to find their nest!

To the op, N's probably pick up on each others ramblings and their implications more quickly than S's would, but ramblings and their removed implications are still ramblings and removed implications. Functions are only supposed to be forms afaik, ie content is content, though similar forms lend themselves to easily understanding content or the gist of it.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The first time around an intuitor we will both rely on sensory information like me presenting myself, but that person will probably know a lot more about me than I said while presenting myself. My current girlfriend saw me for who I am very quickly... It's kind of scary, really. The fun part is that she doesn't shy away. She cuddles me into submission =P Those damn INFJ's :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And I'd say intuition is a universal language, but some can connect more than others. But that involves different factors, as well. Take socio-economic status, IQ and interests for a examples.

theplacesyoullgo

I don't think this feeling is especially novel, but I think whether I really connect with another person is largely based on the N/S distinction. There is a tiny bit of a disconnect with all sensors I know, even those with whom I'm very close. During those moments of "I know you're not totally getting this, but thanks for playing along," I always think of the N/S gap. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm an incredibly strong N.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Say! I've used the waggle dance to tell where honey may b... never mind.

MBTI Type
INxJ
My current girlfriend saw me for who I am very quickly... It's kind of scary, really. The fun part is that she doesn't shy away. She cuddles me into submission =P Those damn INFJ's :D

Yes. Damn those lovely creatures. ;)