User Tag List

First 123 Last

garbage

Actually, I experienced this just today at Thanksgiving dinner.

My ENTJ dad and I can have multiple threads of conversation going at the same time, and when one of us starts talking about something new and seemingly unrelated to what we were just talking about, I can immediately pick up on the connection and how he jumped from some train of thought to the new one. He'll start laughing because something I or someone else said reminded him of something, and it's as if I'm already in his own head when I know what he's about to talk about afterward. My ISFJ mom usually stares at us in disbelief

Most of the time, I actually find that I'm on the same wavelength as my dad much more than I am my mom..
    Last edited by garbage; 11-28-2008 at 02:33 PM.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    My ENTJ dad and I can have multiple threads of conversation going at the same time, and when one of us starts talking about something new and seemingly unrelated to what we were just talking about, I can immediately pick up on the connection and how he jumped from some train of thought to the new one. He'll start laughing because something I or someone else said reminded him of something, and it's as if I'm already in his own head when I know what he's about to talk about afterward.
    lol N talk (connectivity) is great.

OP: I think it's easiest when it's with Ns you know in person.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    PINT

You mean to tell me that the sun wears sunglasses?

And now I know how to find their nest!

To the op, N's probably pick up on each others ramblings and their implications more quickly than S's would, but ramblings and their removed implications are still ramblings and removed implications. Functions are only supposed to be forms afaik, ie content is content, though similar forms lend themselves to easily understanding content or the gist of it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

The first time around an intuitor we will both rely on sensory information like me presenting myself, but that person will probably know a lot more about me than I said while presenting myself. My current girlfriend saw me for who I am very quickly... It's kind of scary, really. The fun part is that she doesn't shy away. She cuddles me into submission =P Those damn INFJ's

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

And I'd say intuition is a universal language, but some can connect more than others. But that involves different factors, as well. Take socio-economic status, IQ and interests for a examples.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

I don't think this feeling is especially novel, but I think whether I really connect with another person is largely based on the N/S distinction. There is a tiny bit of a disconnect with all sensors I know, even those with whom I'm very close. During those moments of "I know you're not totally getting this, but thanks for playing along," I always think of the N/S gap. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm an incredibly strong N.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Say! I've used the waggle dance to tell where honey may b... never mind.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    My current girlfriend saw me for who I am very quickly... It's kind of scary, really. The fun part is that she doesn't shy away. She cuddles me into submission =P Those damn INFJ's
    Yes. Damn those lovely creatures.