• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP functions (any personality welcome)

deleted
I sort of came up with these myself, of course being inspired by practice.

Ni - Eccentric, odd connections to reality, weird and dry humor (lack of humanistic substance?), oblivious, overly imaginative, things going on in our head are quite undefinable. Whims of genius that may or may not be realized. Inner world (alien planet).

Te - "That's just how things are" (here) sense of logic, alters definitions in logic to make it more directly fun and placeable upon occurrences with people. To be quite playful with reason.

Si - "Ok. Stop for a minute. What's really going on? Why am I out of place now?"

Fe - Events here may prove worthy, even if I become pushed or uncomfortable. Hopefully there will be meaningful organization mediated and not so much chaos.

I didn't get to finish with the other 4 functions, just sticking with the "mental" part.

Share your examples or definitions of the functions for any personality (even though this is an NT board.) I'd like to hear some examples for ENTP preferably, because I think it's cool how Ti is their creative function and they are out to be open minded. I want to know how one can come up with such invention by Ti being supportive.

deleted
Also, to add to Si, I often go eh or ah inside my head when Si sensors give importance to random facts about what they have seen. It basically remains struggling for the INTP to get in touch with "physical states."

Now THAT's socionics! Well done.

Thank YOU very much! You have been on here quite instantaneously :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I was under the impression that introverted Thinking [Ti] was dominant and extroverted intuition [Ne] was secondary to the INTP, not Te and Ni. INTP Profile

deleted
Heh Jack, I know. I didn't publish anything really. I was just playing around with the words. I did not plagiarize anything.

I did think of something new though!

Sensors tend to want to warm up to the real world if they get lost

where as

Intuitives tend to want to cool off if they get burned by life's realism.

My tendency is definitely wanting to cool off since I have recently been around life way more than I can take.

deleted
I seriously didn't copy any phrasing. I was mowing the lawn and these examples came to me. It was just in coincidence that they match up with what is on Wikisocion. I am respectively agreeing in a somewhat relative manner, not copying.

It is either a sign that I have been paying attention to the logic of it, or the examples just came out of the blue. I don't remember reading any quotes or examples I came up with, even though it's already published.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
So you're saying function order differs on a person to person basis, even within those of the same type?
No, it's that I think Myers got it about as wrong as you can get it. The business about forcing a J function to be dominant in Ps is silly.

It's my opinion that the socionics functions (As lemons plagiarized) are more accurate than the MBTI functions, but they too apply meaning backwards (Take people of a type, psychoanalyze them, and redefine their supposed functions to fit.)

redacted

No, it's that I think Myers got it about as wrong as you can get it. The business about forcing a J function to be dominant in Ps is silly.

It's my opinion that the socionics functions (As lemons plagiarized) are more accurate than the MBTI functions, but they too apply meaning backwards (Take people of a type, psychoanalyze them, and redefine their supposed functions to fit.)

You know what a variable is, right?

deleted
It's my opinion that the socionics functions (As lemons plagiarized) are more accurate than the MBTI functions

Read me the definition plagiarize, then read me the definition summarize. Then give examples for both (if you can get a relevant one for the first term.)

redacted

Define threatens.

You've got your worldview so unconsciously protected that you'd never even consciously understand.

The things your unconscious views as threats are labeled "bullshit" by your conscious as a coping mechanism.

AKA, you think you're never wrong, but you look hilarious to everyone else.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You've got your worldview so unconsciously protected that you'd never even consciously understand.

The things your unconscious views as threats are labeled "bullshit" by your conscious as a coping mechanism.

AKA, you think you're never wrong, but you look hilarious to everyone else.
Oh, what do we have here, Mr. Psychologist all of a sudden!

Or it could be that simply because you're incapable of understanding concepts the way I do, you think they can't be understood by anyone, and I'm therefore wrong to claim I do.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

I understand what you mean, and I read your Function System, which happens to make more sense.