User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default ENTJ's Dark Side...

As mentioned in a previous thread, and something I often think about -

To all you ENTJs - how's your dark side?

Do you tend to see the dark side of things much? How much? How dark will you allow yourself to go?

Do you struggle with depression, and do things tend to get darker and darker during this time? If not, what does trigger it?

For myself, things can get pretty dark. I can have fiercely violent thoughts, the world tends to lose all color around me, and the combo of Te + Ni takes me even further into the depths of the ugly. I can see/hear something and my intuition will run with it. It's not pretty, and honestly, I probably couldn't write about some of the thoughts I have.

I don't stay in this place for long periods of time, but rather certain portions of a day, etc. I snap out of it. It's just when I go there, I go there intensely. For me, it also tends to directly correspond with loneliness and/or solitude. While at times it may be out of loneliness, other times it may simply be that I've been left alone in my head for too long.

And sometimes, I enjoy it. It's only once in a while that I creep myself out.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    INTJ

If I'm letting my mind wander, then yes, I can see the dark side of things quite often.

And I have similar experiences, they can get very disturbing and unmentionable. But while I'm initially thinking of them, I only think of possibilities and what could happen. Only then do I reign it in with morals or feasibility.

It does creep me out sometimes, but I'd bet that other types are just as prone to such thoughts.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I've developed that allergic reaction against greyscale modes, like asking someone about his dark side. Cause if you watched this, you really do now, there is just error in judgement and no dark side.

But if you especially wanted to know how that dark jedis are, just ignore my post (and watch your back)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI"]Da Dark Side[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I perceive my dark side as being an inability to gradient my inferior Fi. I either feel too much, or feel nothing at all. This can lead to some very dark thoughts.

I had the odd realization that i currently feel almost emotionally dead.

in my past I have had very dark, inferior Fi. Over time I've learned that I am much better, more functioning person, when not under inferior Fi. Its been a very natural progression, almost like a fog has been clearing in the past year or so. I simply do not "feel" as greatly. I no longer get over enthralled over a relationship, a song, an argument or anything really.

Its almost bittersweet. I know I am better for it. I now hate 80% of my music. I actually cringe when I put itunes on random. I cant stand anything overtly sappy anymore. this sort of cynicism, isnt a bitter pouting. Its a genuine "lack of response". Emotionally dead. It allows me to be a much more functioning person, but it almost makes me wonder if Im somehow missing out on "the human experience". I think emotions are what drive even the most rational of people to simply live. I highly doubt einstein would of been so driven to solve, if he hadnt derived an emotional pleasure response from doing so.

So now i kind of descend into an opposite dark side. Rather than inferior Fi, its an existence centered around not feeling. I get a lot done, i feel happier on the whole. However, I fear that one day I may decide that nothing really makes me happy. Even though there's someone who I'm intimate with, in my life as of now, I still fear that i may not ever really be able to love. Upon realizing that I have no gradient control over the faucet of inferior Fi, I have decided to simply never turn it on.

my darkside: an ENTJ who was once enthralled and weighed by inferior Fi, and an ENTJ who is now emotionally dead.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    my darkside: an ENTJ who was once enthralled and weighed by inferior Fi, and an ENTJ who is now emotionally dead.
    That's so close to me, it's a bit frightening. I realized the other day that I'm getting disturbingly close to staying cold all of the time. There's maybe one person in my life that can get the feelings to come back out - aside from that, I go day to day, unphased. I also noticed that I become colder, number and overall unshakable the longer I stay in my little dark periods. It goes so far and over time, a certain part of me just shuts down... day by day, a little bit more.

While I feel much safer here, I also realize it's very unhealthy. I guess that's why I cling to the little feelings/emotions I do have - and intensely so.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I perceive my dark side as being an inability to gradient my inferior Fi. I either feel too much, or feel nothing at all. This can lead to some very dark thoughts.
    This sounds like my ENTJ best friend.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Sometimes I get violent toughts about some imbeciles. Usually:

- policemen
    - professors
    - bosses
    - anything that has authority over me

however, I think that's kind of common, isn't it? On other types of dark sides: I'm a very superficial person, and I'm only concerned with external things. Thus, I've never been able to get depressed, given that it usually results from introspection.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I am a very realistic person. I realize my own insignificance and I am capable of seeing my role in the world, but I dont let that insignificance bother me. I have never suffered from any form of depression- - at worst I get a bit melancholic. I dont really allow my mind too far into that dark direction. I do have it, but I have realized that all I will ever find is detrimental.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI"]Da Dark Side[/YOUTUBE]
    its funny that you posted anakin, because when you consider the character as a whole, anakin and darth vader: ENTJ with inferior Fi fits pretty well.

someone who felt way too much (about padame)... and then was so crushed/hurt by her death, that he could feel nothing (as darth vader)... im aware though that most try to pin anakin as ENFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Dark Fi primary with a functional grasp on Te also isn't a fun combination. Child and Family Services probably would have decended on my family about 4 years earlier had anyone found my grade 3 doodles...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]