User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Actually, I think I do.

I don't know. I think the semi-core of my fear is reminiscent to a teenager who doesn't want to be caught by his parents while doing hobbies or hanging out with friends. If I do things with other people, then my privacy will be put in jeopardy.
    I'm not sure I understand. Caught doing what?
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Nothing in particular, but you know how some people don't like the humiliation that goes with their parents seeing them with their friends or doing a hobby.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. Caught doing what?
    Caught, you know, having fun. Being human.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

So, I left my apartment and went for a walk on the bike trail. That lasted about an hour and forty-five minutes. I guess the clock on my cell phone allowed me to be more specific.

While it feels calm when I'm out there and my mind felt clear, the only place I had left to return to is home, where I get stuck in the same rut as always, taking months to gather up the drive to do the same thing again.

I don't think I was ever built for a routine lifestyle. What I think I need is constant change so that I don't get comfortable.

MBTI
    ENTP

You need a kick in the ass. Over analyzing!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

You know, I've never thought that I was the toughest guy on the block, nor have I ever seemed that way. My assertiveness in hard situations is simply the result of realizing that I've got to do it, and then doing it, regardless of how I feel or how I may look.

I just do it. After years of that, it's become very easy in most cases. But even now, if it's hard, I just do it anyway. The price of not asserting myself is far too high.

I've never felt ashamed that it was hard for me when it was, and I've never wanted to be different. You don't have to be superman to assert yourself - you just have to be -- yourself. If you're going to be a weakling, be an assertive weakling. That's how you'll gain your confidence. You have to earn respect from others by doing that. They won't just automatically bow down and listen to you. Who cares what they think of you as long as you're making your stance and standing your ground? You don't have to appear to be a big, scary, and confident man to make them listen you.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTJ

Becoming assertive:

You should just force yourself to do it the first few times. It'll get easier and easier after that. Whatever it is that you've been putting off, the best way to deal with it is to just dive right in. It probably won't be as hard as you think, and many other people will be less competent than you. The dozens of possible things that you've imagined that could go wrong probably won't even happen. You'll be screaming and panicking inside as you go to do it the first few times, but it will get much easier.
    [SIGPIC]Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. [/SIGPIC]

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I have a problem with being assertive sometimes. A lot of it is that if I am assertive, that invites people to become involved/assertive with me. I prefer to be an observer.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I think he's kidding :|
    C'mon fellow ENTP, ur fucking with us : P, i'd so do that.
    or not ? You have me all confused!! bad uber, BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I've never been interested in people that way. If anything, I'm more interested in teaching others about my interests. It makes me feel smarter than them.

And I also tend to get jealous when another person shares my interests because it makes me feel less powerful. But I'm guessing that's pretty normal.
    That's because more of your ego is invested in your level of expertise than your ability to learn.

You're saying teaching but you mean telling.