• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs: what do you do for a living?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think you read me properly, I was just equating draftsman to draught, as in beer.

*ignorance overload* sorry for that, come lets hug it out :hug:

Oh and that would be an awesome job though.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Just like the title states, what do you do for a living?
Title States? Oh well something else I've missed...

Errm my job title has never stabilised but now I do a whole lot less gopher and admin work and now mostly do CAD and a bit of IT.
Do you enjoy it, or do you wish you did something else?
Off and on for 9 years almost I've mostly suffered it but now I'm enjoying it.
If you could have/do any particular position/job by flicking a switch, what would it be?
So multi millionaire dilettante is not available? Damn.

Err I guess I'd like to be a programmer... well programming project manager.. know why? So I can try and get a bunch of programmers to remember that a human may at some point wish to use their program and they may even be unfamiliar with even the most basic concepts of .net programming etc.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Unemployed.

Pretty good, actually. Unfortunately, its temporary.

Unemployed billionaire who does (very) independent research for think tanks.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Unemployed billionaire who does (very) independent research for think tanks.

haha, great. one of my favorites too

A professional researcher is exactly what I'd like to be. I had an opportunity to briefly meet a woman this summer who had managed to fall into that type of career.

I N T P to the max. She looked like she was in danger of walking into a stationary object at any moment while at the same I could tell she'd be able to efficiently dissect anything that succeeded in capturing her attention.

Elderly though - perhaps if something "unfortunate" were to happen I could inherit the position.

As to what I do now. Piece together grants, keyboard manuscripts and proposals, electronically draw chemical structures/schemes from pencil sketches, accounting payables, and the department website. Other duties as assigned.