User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Has anyone else come to the realization that a bachelors ain't worth shit.

I graduated magna cum laude and all this other honors shit in Biochemistry to do narcotics piss tests for you fuckers. AGGHHHHH
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    What does dry mean? ok I finally asked.
    Inferior Fe here... but by 'dry' I think I was referring to 'non-organic' chem being boring seemingly pedantic and lacking in creativity thats oh so N centric spearheaded by T. ever pipette such that the saline or basic solution goes into your mouth? that sorta dry and cutting aka non-interesting/boring.... dry

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I can't believe how much you guys like the social sciences.

I hated sociology
    same here, but then the link between math & economics, and economics and non-profit work & large systems, makes the link between social and political science, and the satisfaction of the deep intrinsic and wholesome combination of the lot of them elicit very intriguing & altruistic reactions and an attraction towards the social sciences.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I graduated magna cum laude and all this other honors shit in Biochemistry to do narcotics piss tests for you fuckers. AGGHHHHH
    My favorite part of the whole situation is that you could've been trained to do that in three hours, but the degree makes you "worthy" of the training.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My favorite part of the whole situation is that you could've been trained to do that in three hours, but the degree makes you "worthy" of the training.
    Make that 45 minutes. I could teach it to my five year old brother. Everything is so fucking automated.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    social steel framework constructs limit and even debilitate capability capacity and input. also, whats with retirement ages?
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    Inferior Fe here... but by 'dry' I think I was referring to 'non-organic' chem being boring seemingly pedantic and lacking in creativity thats oh so N centric spearheaded by T. ever pipette such that the saline or basic solution goes into your mouth? that sorta dry and cutting aka non-interesting/boring.... dry

same here, but then the link between math & economics, and economics and non-profit work & large systems, makes the link between social and political science, and the satisfaction of the deep intrinsic and wholesome combination of the lot of them elicit very intriguing & altruistic reactions and an attraction towards the social sciences.
    Thought it was something like that. Here is the thing I have worked in the public industry for a while now and am starting to realize that the older I get the more mental time I need. I love people and a night out at the club will have me jumping up dancing in the morning. But when you are in an industry that relies on your ability to be ON all the time, it makes it hard for those typical NT moments when I am twirling things around mentally.

After analysis I decided that having a career that would satisfy my need for mental meditation (whatever that may consist of), such as concrete sciences, would serve me better. You can always be creative when you reached the top of your knowledge as to how to create and form new things outside of the job, what happens if I do this sort of thing. And that leaves me with the ability to run with my extrovertedness in my personal life. Instead of taking time out of my personal life to think and contemplate.

Does that make any sense?

Maybe I am an introvert.

I am sure that the social sciences are fascinating in their own way. I only took one sociology class and hated studying the groups. I am much more fascinated with the group anomaly. I found group interactions too predictable to hold my interest.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    Inferior Fe here... but by 'dry' I think I was referring to 'non-organic' chem being boring seemingly pedantic and lacking in creativity thats oh so N centric spearheaded by T. ever pipette such that the saline or basic solution goes into your mouth? that sorta dry and cutting aka non-interesting/boring.... dry.
    I <3 O-Chem, it seems to rock my socks off. Hell all of chemistry makes me drool. I love chemistry so much, that if it was a girl, I would ask her pops for her hand in marriage. You know how every one was doing the assigned lab in O-chem lab, me hell no, I would get that done and mess around on the more interesting things.

Sadly, the only profitable thing you can now do with a bachelors in Chem/Biochem is make meth in your bathtub, or some extacy out of sassafras oil.

ThatGirl

I <3 O-Chem, it seems to rock my socks off. Hell all of chemistry makes me drool. I love chemistry so much, that if it was a girl, I would ask her pops for her hand in marriage. You know how every one was doing the assigned lab in O-chem lab, me hell no, I would get that done and mess around on the more interesting things.

Sadly, the only profitable thing you can now do with a bachelors in Chem/Biochem is make meth in your bathtub, or some extacy out of sassafras oil.
    So if you had chosen an alternative path along the same lines that was more practical and usefull, lucrative, challenging, stimulating, what would you pick?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

well to be honest, I only chose that major for medical school. I didn't even want to go to college in the first place, so when I realized that I had to do something in life, I decided on medicine. Now I am just waiting on interviews and such and then an acceptance letter in the near future hopefully.

garbage

Has anyone else come to the realization that a bachelors ain't worth shit.
    Around here, a bachelors in engineering, and only a bachelors in engineering, is the only thing that'll net you a job. Just.. a job. It takes an education or lots of experience past that to get any sort of choice in what you might want to do.

Engineers in this town seem to think that all engineers can do everything, and only engineers can do anything. It's a horrible mindset that leads to horrible management, horrible administration, horrible logistics, and horrible everything else that engineers can't do.. which it so turns out is a lot!