• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTX people: How do you do with INFPs?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After having played around with MBTI I realized that a lot of people I know who are aquantances are ENTJs or ENTPs. This includes male or female. Whether it be teachers, my boss at work, or a guy I work with in school in chemistry class.

I would like to know what you guys feel about us INFPs. I really respect you ENTX people, always something to talk about I swear. If I didn't have my girlfriend I would actively pursuit one of your kind to be my lover :). I get good feedback from these people I know too because of my assertive and to the point communication style when it comes to work and business related things, but I get on a personal level and am warm when it comes to personal problems they care to share with me.

So, what do you think of INFPs? Got any pointers as to how I should treat you guys better? :hug:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a very good INFP friend- I think she's nuts, but she's crazy in a charming, zany, fairytaleish INFP way, so it's a good thing! :)

I don't really know any other INFPs though, so that's just my thoughts on the one I know.

If you are all similar to her, you're awesome!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFP ftw !!

They have THE humor :D Like for example INTP and ISFP have also :D

fail.jpg

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a very good INFP friend- I think she's nuts, but she's crazy in a charming, zany, fairytaleish INFP way, so it's a good thing! :)

I don't really know any other INFPs though, so that's just my thoughts on the one I know.

If you are all similar to her, you're awesome!

Define crazy. I have a huge set of morals and values toward people, and I get extremely annoyed and angry when someone violates one of those. Most INFPs I know have some that are things like "respect others" and "do not steal" and "help others" things like that. But they get very diverse and are based on our experiences in life. That may sound crazy to you.

I am also very spontaneous and random. If I get a thought then I will probibally state my mind if it isn't too terrible just to strike conversation.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Define crazy. I have a huge set of morals and values toward people, and I get extremely annoyed and angry when someone violates one of those. Most INFPs I know have some that are things like "respect others" and "do not steal" and "help others" things like that. But they get very diverse and are based on our experiences in life. That may sound crazy to you.

I am also very spontaneous and random. If I get a thought then I will probibally state my mind if it isn't too terrible just to strike conversation.

That's not a good start for a conversation, you gave away everything already :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'm saying crazy in a good way! (ENTP speaking!)

She'll happily go dance in the rain, make random comments that don't seem to relate to anything and collects odd independant films. These quirks make her who she is, and keep me amused and on my toes (though not on your toes the way you are around an ENTJ, because an INFP usually doesn't think that destroying your soul would be a pleasant Sunday Afternoon activity!)

Seraph

MBTI Type
INTJ
So, what do you think of INFPs? Got any pointers as to how I should treat you guys better? :hug:

Don't try to do anything when you're around us. What I find so enjoyable is when the INFPs just act like normal- fun and spontaneous.

I speak for myself when I say that although I'm an ENTJ, I'm not out to destroy your soul *unless you interfere with my work* and enjoy relaxing and socializing. So I would tell you that if I'm concentrating on work, then it is most likely a very bad idea to interrupt. If you do get in the way, make sure that the ENTJ either (1) sees a use for the interruption (food), (2) you humor him and make him laugh, or (3) he finds you more interesting than his work (It takes a lot to do this, but it happens).

Frank

I have an uncle who is an infp. He's probably one of the coolest people I know.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the replies. It seems I shouldn't be afraid to be myself around you NTs in general, I've never had any issues with my INTX friends. You are nice people. Now, getting along with XSFX is an entire other issue. :peepwall:

Ok not to get off topic. More replies. :nice:

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
As an ENFP that is also apparently an ENTP I can say they're not that bad. MY girlfriend is INFP. She's depressed about things. :c

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Well theoretically ENTJ's dominant Te and INFP's inferior Te would clash. I've been in that situation before, where 2 knew each other, and they really didn't get along too poorly. The Te bitched about the INFP sometimes behind his back for never doing chores and shit, though.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well theoretically ENTJ's dominant Te and INFP's inferior Te would clash. I've been in that situation before, where 2 knew each other, and they really didn't get along too poorly. The Te bitched about the INFP sometimes behind his back for never doing chores and shit, though.
This is yet another great example of functional analysis gone completely off the rails, haywire, wrong, etc.

And for the record, I believe the more popular dynamics theory is that matched dominant and inferior work quite well together. Not that I subscribe to that bull.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't think of any bad experiences with INFPs - and I think they're pretty cool :) I find them a lot more interesting than other introverted feeler types.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like INFP's. We're both dreamers really, but our dreams seem to have different purposes.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(1) sees a use for the interruption (food)

This one's easy...

(2) you humor him and make him laugh

Not the best at it but could work...

(3) he finds you more interesting than his work (It takes a lot to do this, but it happens).

Like sexy time?

Do these work on the girls too? :D

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
This is yet another great example of functional analysis gone completely off the rails, haywire, wrong, etc.

And for the record, I believe the more popular dynamics theory is that matched dominant and inferior work quite well together. Not that I subscribe to that bull.

Actually there is nothing in the theory that says someone with dominant one thing will clash with inferior of the same thing. So I guess I misspoke. I would definitely expect them to clash a little, though... and they did. A little. Dominant Ti and dominant Te clashed much more... me always wanting to smoke weed in the house and ignore social conventions.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Seems like that the people I make friends with easiest are INTPs and ENTPs, my very best friend being an ENTP. And I've always been fascinated between the bond between INFPs and NTPs, which I have heard that other INFPs have too?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
By the way, I may be getting away from the main topic but..I would like to say that I really appreciate how ENTJs are really honest and straightforward..for instance, they can easily admitt that they can be hard headed, and they are clear when they want something, and I find that it's reasy easy to be myself around ENTJs..amost like a positive and negative pole attracting eachother..we both interact in a mutual manner. I feel I need the guidance, and ENTJs need the authority..so I find it works well..

And I do spend a lot of time with ENTJs and ENTPs because my little sister is an ENTJ and my best friend is an ENTP.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I really enjoy the company of INFPs, I really do. They're the only type that can soften my inner cynical daemon: they have a way to get the best out of me like no others.
INFPs are amongst the most complex types, and hence, amongst the most interesting to observe. And since most ENTPs enjoy nothing less than to observe and understand people, INFPs often make very enjoyable companions, whether as friends or as lovers.

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Awesome responces guys. :)

EDIT: I've always liked you NTs. I feel the most comfortable being myself around you guys. :)