User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Haha, not from me. That thread has hundreds of posts.
    Then, why even ask me? I am not reading through it. Besides I hate INTPc. Bunch of smug mugs.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Then, why even ask me? I am not reading through it. Besides I hate INTPc. Much of smug mugs.
    Clearly you are not involved in this discussion because you actually want to learn about the concept. Now I regret trying to answer your questions.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Clearly you are not involved in this discussion because you actually want to learn about the concept. Now I regret trying to answer your questions.
    I hope we are friends and that we communicate from here on out with respect and mutual understanding.

Edited: Received a warning for insults.
    Last edited by Synarch; 11-21-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Edited due to receiving a warning for insults.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Couldn't this lack of recognition instead result from a failure in creativity by the observer?

A function of creativity is the thoughtful exploration of seemingly unrelated connections. Bridging less-than-visible points towards the creation of a tangible panorama.

So maybe the connection is the same for all temperments but the NT (who is unable to convey their emotions into adequate words) would describe it as a mindmate whereas the NF would describe it as a soulmate?

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    So maybe the connection is the same for all temperments but the NT (who is unable to convey their emotions into adequate words) would describe it as a mindmate whereas the NF would describe it as a soulmate?
    That's as near as I can figure it, but since I don't believe in soulmates, how can I buy into something that is essentially the same thing?
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

the NT (who is unable to convey their emotions into adequate words)
    I would be hesitant about making statements like that, because it implies that there's something internal and constant in NTs that prevents them from expressing their feelings. It might be the case that it doesn't come natural to some people to express themselves in words, but it's something you can develop if you practice learning to identify what you're going through, have the guts to communicate it, and learn the right words to convey your feelings so the other person is receptive.
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 11-21-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: trouble conveying myself :P

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

I think that they all fill the same type of needs in each temperament. While mindmates and soulmates can appear similiar, it seems that they may focus on different aspects of the relationship. While I think that there is a very thin line between these two, they can be distinguishable in certain dynamic relationships. I get the impression that soulmates is more of an all-encompassing thing, fulfilling each area of a persons life, including emotional health and nurturing. Mindmates can be more centralized around each other's psyche. Just because you're comparing apples to apples doesn't always make them interchangeable, imho.

I don't think we're too quick to compare a mindmate to a playmate or a helpmate, because the needs met there are a bit more distinguishable.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I would be hesitant about making statements like that, because it implies that there's something internal and constant in NTs that prevents them from expressing their feelings. It might be the case that it doesn't come natural to some people to express themselves in words, but it's something you can develop if you practice learning to identify what you're going through, have the guts to communicate it, and learn the right words to convey your feelings so the other person is receptive.

But don't all NT's have weak (tertiary or inferior) feeling functions? I would think that it wouldn't come natural for most NT's to express their feelings or even be distrustful of them. Of course, with work, someone could develop it. That is why the term mindmate might click with an NT because of the time they spend in their own minds.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

But don't all NT's have weak (tertiary or inferior) feeling functions? I would think that it wouldn't come natural for most NT's to express their feelings or even be distrustful of them. Of course, with work, someone could develop it. That is why the term mindmate might click with an NT because of the time they spend in their own minds.
    Right. My point was that even if it doesn't come naturally (meaning, it's not already there), it's not something you're stuck with. It's one of the problems I see in MBTI: people thinking that their type excuses them or makes it impossible for them to develop the weak parts of their personality. No such thing, it's just harder.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Right. My point was that even if it doesn't come naturally (meaning, it's not already there), it's not something you're stuck with. It's one of the problems I see in MBTI: people thinking that their type excuses them or makes it impossible for them to develop the weak parts of their personality. No such thing, it's just harder.
    Agree completely. But if you were to try to express something as vague as connection to a group of people you would use the language they are strongest in. That is why I am thinking that maybe mindmate wasn't intended to define something different but rather define the same thing differently for different people.