User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I agree. NT supremacists invented a concept to make themselves feel special.

The idea that certain connections can only be achieved through certain types or temperaments is complete bullshit. At best, it's only self-delusion. Humans aren't digital.
    What's the difference between a 'mindmate' and a 'soulmate'? We're all talking about the same thing: mutual recognition, intimacy, relationship.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'd think that a mental, as opposed to a intellectual, conversation would be a good thing. More as in you can say something and not have to explain yourself because the other person understands it perfectly.

It doesn't indicate that it would even end up romantically, but it's a good feeling to run across anyone who you can just be around instead of having to feel taxed by worrying that your comments won't make sense
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    What's the difference between a 'mindmate' and a 'soulmate'? We're all talking about the same thing: mutual recognition, intimacy, relationship.
    That's my point. The NTs that believe in this haven't experienced anything unique. They just want to believe they have.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

I think OP's decision to use the term 'mindmate' is intended to minimize her own conflicted feelings, rather than a strict definition of the relationship between her and her mindmate.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Couldn't this lack of recognition instead result from a failure in creativity by the observer?

A function of creativity is the thoughtful exploration of seemingly unrelated connections. Bridging less-than-visible points towards the creation of a tangible panorama.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think OP's decision to use the term 'mindmate' is intended to minimize her own conflicted feelings, rather than a strict definition of the relationship between her and her mindmate.
    I was referring to the concept, in general. Have you read any of the thread on INTPc?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Couldn't this lack of recognition instead result from a failure in creativity by the observer?

A function of creativity is the thoughtful exploration of seemingly unrelated connections. Bridging less-than-visible points towards the creation of a tangible panorama.
    I have no clue how that relates to what I said. Please explain. I am having trouble connecting the dots.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I was referring to the concept, in general. Have you read any of the thread on INTPc?
    No, shooting from the hit, as usual. Summary?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

No, shooting from the hit, as usual. Summary?
    Haha, not from me. That thread has hundreds of posts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    It doesn't have to be romanticized if you've defined it in a way that you've experienced in reality. Also, since there's no dictionary definition and usage isn't that common I'm ok with people defining it different ways. Although I'd prefer they defined it in the strictly intellectual sense because otherwise I don't see as much of a distinction between it and soulmate.
    Subjective experience makes it more likely to be a romanticized notion, not less.

If it is a real/consistent concept, one should be able to grasp it without experiencing it.

Just because there isn't a dictionary definition, doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to pinpoint what it is, and what makes it different (if anything) from other connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.