User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Well, but there wasn't. One almost precludes the other. I find it hard enough to figure out what I'm going to do IRL, without trying to consider hypotheticals!

Where's your N?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Do you want a fight?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    make silly faces, not war, babe magnet.

Of course, I retract all of the above in Ina's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemgrl82 View Post
    Where's your N?
    Ina stole it for her new username.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ

For those of you that have had a mindmate (in real life or long distance) how far have or would you be willing to go? Given that your attraction lies within the gender that they are (i.e. you're not a hetero female with another female mm), what have you thought about doing or have done to be with a mm?

If you or the other person has been in a serious relationship or marriage, would you end it?

Would you travel far distances or move?

Are there things you'd be willing to compromise on? If so, what are they?

Have you ever had a mindmate long distance only to find the connection diminish in person upon meeting?

And finally, if circumstances were hard to overcome, how long did you wait to see if it could be duplicated with someone else? Or do you just accept the way things are and let it go?

I'm just basically curious to what extremes such a connection has taken you, be it in thought or action.
    Normally I'm fine with OPs like this, but for the life of me I can't stop wondering what's motivating this one. Are you contemplating whether to try to break up the LTR of a mindmate who lives far away and whom you haven't yet met, but for whom you know you'll have to (move and) compromise on something - assuming your connection translates to RL - or cut your losses and look elsewhere/let it go? If you get more personal about this, I'm sure the thread will generate more responses.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Normally I'm fine with OPs like this, but for the life of me I can't stop wondering what's motivating this one. Are you contemplating whether to try to break up the LTR of a mindmate who lives far away and whom you haven't yet met, but for whom you know you'll have to (move and) compromise on something - assuming your connection translates to RL - or cut your losses and look elsewhere/let it go? If you get more personal about this, I'm sure the thread will generate more responses.

Thanks for your response. While I appreciate the sentiment, there are various things motivating my post - none of which I care to really detail here. I was simply curious about other people's experiences with this matter. Not everything that I mentioned directly relates to one certain circumstance in my life.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    xxxx

Thanks for your response. While I appreciate the sentiment, there are various things motivating my post - none of which I care to really detail here. I was simply curious about other people's experiences with this matter. Not everything that I mentioned directly relates to one certain circumstance in my life.
    That doesn't jive with what you've been posting on the thread at INTPc so I'm reluctant to contribute. My experience is probably not what you are interested in, but I'll post it for anyone else interested in this.

I'm married to an SJ and I love my life. A few years ago I discovered the deep, intimate mind connection that I can have with INTs or INFs by interacting online. Crawling into someone's head and connecting with them as a mindmate is intense and creates a strong bond. I crave spending time with them and no subject is taboo. They have been of the opposite sex because the sexual tension is part of the bond for me.

It is an intense relationship that is not for everyone. The internet provides an environment for a mindmate connection to develop for me. Online I can meet exponentially more people than in real life and as an introvert I'm comfortable online so intimacy develops much faster.

But I'm married and they have been too, so there are boundaries. I have no intention of ever crossing those boundaries so they are friends, not lovers. It is a very, very fine line and most people would say I am cheating emotionally on my husband. Good thing I'm an INTJ and don't care what others think.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    It is an intense relationship that is not for everyone. The internet provides an environment for a mindmate connection to develop for me. Online I can meet exponentially more people than in real life and as an introvert I'm comfortable online so intimacy develops much faster.

But I'm married and they have been too, so there are boundaries. I have no intention of ever crossing those boundaries so they are friends, not lovers. It is a very, very fine line and most people would say I am cheating emotionally on my husband. Good thing I'm an INTJ and don't care what others think.
    Does your husband know the full extent of your feelings and intimacies with others? That's the problem. It's hard to do this and be honest with the one you're with.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

My mindmate is Scubba Jack

For those of you that have had a mindmate (in real life or long distance) how far have or would you be willing to go? Given that your attraction lies within the gender that they are (i.e. you're not a hetero female with another female mm), what have you thought about doing or have done to be with a mm?

You should see him in his scuba gear, damn sexy

If you or the other person has been in a serious relationship or marriage, would you end it?

You mean end it by force ? That means see to it that Jack's girlfriend has an accident ? Absolutely
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Does your husband know the full extent of your feelings and intimacies with others? That's the problem. It's hard to do this and be honest with the one you're with.
    He knows that I have strong friendships with people of the opposite sex that I've met online. He knows that I discuss anything and everything with my friends online. He doesn't understand the concept of mindmates per se. He is not an NT, it is not something he needs or wants. He trusts that I would never do anything to hurt him.

MBTI
    ENTP

Would you ever mind him reading anything that you wrote or discussed? (Trying to gauge)
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    xxxx

Of course I'd mind, those are private thoughts discussed between me and someone else. Mostly he'd be bored though.

Would you want your family to read what you discussed with your friends?