User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm sure everyone hears this once in a while.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Definitely this happens a lot. Sometimes It is true..

But what's REALLY aggitating, is when someone takes this response and uses it to invalidate your points. Case in point: When someone says/does something you believe to be rude.. and your gut instinct and initial reaction says it's rude. So you call them out on it, and they try to blow it off saying "No no, miscommunication, it was juuust a joke! You're just reading too much into it." .. People aren't that stupid generally, and normally when they say something harsh, it's meant to be harsh whether they try to play it off later or not.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Nobody ever used that line on me, but I've been told I'm paranoid on a few occasions. I couldn't recall specific instances but it's usually when I believe somebody find faults in my work and I start obsessing to improve it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I tend to tell myself that alot lol, I always seem to read too much into things. Ill over analyze something to the point were I cant even remember what I was originally trying to figure out. Its all so stressful for me, but at the same time its so hard for me to be blunt and just ask "Hey, is this what you meant? No, ok> (moved on)". It seems like its so much easier but for me its not at all.

But I dont think ive ever actually been called out on it, cause Ill be over analyzing it for so long that the truth usually comes to light before I say something. lol
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

Yep, I got told that last night in fact. Except I'm pretty sure she used "you're" and "too" . I think it probably happens most often (including last night) when I'm able to see and analyze what's behind things that people say (particularly seeing ways that they're trying to manipulate or are starting out from an antagonistic perspective regardless of whether antagonism is explicitly there in their words or not... and other stuff like that). It seems that a lot of people are just more blind to these sorts of things than I am, and sometimes I think that, if they'd listen to my explanation they'd agree, but that instead they hear the amount of nuance my understanding requires and it's just easier for them to assume that I'm going beyond what I can really see and know. I tend to be pretty self-critical and I also tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when I'm not sure - which is most of the time - so when I am sure, I'm pretty confident in what I'm seeing.

Also, when I talk at length about the nuances in a really good show or movie people, don't often say that I'm reading too much into it, but their reactions make it seems like they're probably thinking something along those lines. Fortunately, I have other friends who will watch the same thing and have the same reactions, and we'll be able to bounce our ideas off each other excitedly, which I think makes people think we're weird, but also adds credibility to our individual perspectives. (The sorts of things I'm talking about watching are things like Firefly, Dr. Horrible (ok, anything Joss Whedon really), Pan's Labyrinth... those sorts of things that clearly have tons of brilliant nuance and that you should all see if you haven't).

Maybe it's just an easy reaction to highly nuanced thought and analysis for people who don't do those things well... I definitely agree that there are times when people read more into things than is really there. I just don't think that I'm someone who's very prone to that sort of thing.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

I get it all the time. Glad to see I'm not the only ENTJ encountering this. I'm sure there are plenty of times it's true, but others I know it's not.

It's like they say about paranoia... just because you're paranoid doesn't mean it isn't true.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I get told this all the time. I have issues in school because I will over analyze a section and not see the simple facts for myself. I will take everything an unneccisary step forward. I also do with this stuff in my life that I have a huge desire to solve. This is why it's good to have my ISTJ school partner to point out my faults in my work.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

Just once, really. It was about someone teasing another person and why they did it and why the atmosphere influenced that decision to tease. Otherwise I've never told anyone that because in my own mind I find it entertaining when people do.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    INxJ

I think other people do. Not me, so much.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

"Fyodor Pavlovich learned of his wife's death when he was drunk; it was said that he ran out into the street with his hands raised to heaven in joy, shouting : 'Lord, now lettest thou thy servant..' :* others say he wept convulsively like a child, so much so that, despite all the revulsion he aroused, he was pitiful to behold. Very probably, both accounts are true--that is, he rejoiced in his liberation and shed tears for his liberator at one and the same time. In most cases, people, even evil-doers, are much simpler and more naive than we generally suppose. And the same is true for you and me." Fyodor Dostoevsky, Brothers Karamazov.

Human behavior used to befuddle me, and I did overthink it.

I thought human behavior was very complex!

But recently I realized that people with complex motivations tend to be logical, as one needs to be logical to devise anything complex. Those were not the people who confused me the most as their behavior was very consistent with their ostensible principles as well as easy to understand to an outsider observer. When it was not easy, they were willing and able to explain their behavior.

The illogical people, mostly NFs who confused me the most. Recently I realized there is nothing complex to it, just vulgar people acting out on their ephemeral impulses and passions, and the thoughts behind them are crude and simplistic. Their behavior is exactly what it appears to be, no need to devote much thought to it.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/