• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP vs. ENTP

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Due to my superficial understanding of the subject, I was having a difficult time explaining the difference between ENTP and INTP to an INTP friend.

1. What do you regard as the cardinal differences between the two?
2. How are they similar?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You take an INTP, you have him talk a lot more, have him not know what he's talking about... and there is your ENTP.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
interesting.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP > INTP

:D

Personally, I find them to be vastly different.

ENTPs are, ironically, a lot chiller than the usually highly wound-up INTPs.

Primary Ne allows them to vent all that pent up Ti, probably.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

I think this is because there are a lot of young angsty INTPs out there, but more mature ones are a lot different.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Funny that you should say that. My INTP friend has this tendency to get so depressed and pessimistic. He just applies this withering criticism to everything. And, he's so tough on himself, especially. It takes a lot of work for me to buoy his spirits.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Main difference is charisma. ENTPs have it. INTPs don't.
Have a look at Night's blog, there is an interesting discussion in there on this topic.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Main difference is charisma. ENTPs have it. INTPs don't.
Have a look at Night's blog, there is an interesting discussion in there on this topic.

oh, i dunno about that. there are a lot of charismatic INTPs on the two mbti forums i frequent.

but, then again, unlike a lot of girls i know, i'm attracted to whether a guy is clever, smart, and funny rather than if he's wearing the latest clothing fads and knows the latest dances.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You take an INTP, you have him talk a lot more, have him not know what he's talking about... and there is your ENTP.

At the risk of sounding offended, I'll say that you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
oh, i dunno about that. there are a lot of charismatic INTPs on the two mbti forums i frequent.

but, then again, unlike a lot of girls i know, i'm attracted to whether a guy is clever, smart, and funny rather than if he's wearing the latest clothing fads and knows the latest dances.

How charismatic are INTP's typically in person?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
How charismatic are INTP's typically in person?

the ones i've met and known were a lot of fun to be around for me. they not only got my jokes, but they took teasing really well (knew i was only teasing) and gave it right back.

they also have a way of making me do spit-takes by sitting there like they're lost somewhere else, then suddenly saying one hilarious sentence out of nowhere. all i ever have to do is wait.