• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP vs. ENTP

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
the ones i've met and known were a lot of fun to be around for me. they not only got my jokes, but they took teasing really well (knew i was only teasing) and gave it right back.

they also have a way of making me do spit-takes by sitting there like they're lost somewhere else, then suddenly saying one hilarious sentence out of nowhere. all i ever have to do is wait.

Have we met?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh, i dunno about that. there are a lot of charismatic INTPs on the two mbti forums i frequent.

but, then again, unlike a lot of girls i know, i'm attracted to whether a guy is clever, smart, and funny rather than if he's wearing the latest clothing fads and knows the latest dances.

INTPs are clever, smart and funny?

Sometimes.

Charisma is the realm of extroverts.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

Sometimes.

not all extroverts are charismatic any more than all introverts aren't.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I find ENTPs more fun to bounce ideas off of.

My mom's boyfriend is likely an ENTP (ENFP as a second guess), and he listens to my ideas and expands them with some of his own, and I'll one-up him with some more of mine. And it sort of goes back and forth. They usually take things less seriously, which is something I appreciate.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
INTP:

Stephen_Hawking.jpg

ENTP:

feynmantheelderym1.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socionics would consider Hawking an ENTp, as well.

(And he's proof that even an ENTp can sound robotic in his communication.)

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I've always seen Hawking typed as INTJ.

Yes Feynman was an ENTP.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always seen Hawking typed as INTJ.

The Keirsey system, yes.

But it's difficult to determine his temperament, seeing how his body language doesn't seem to match any of them.

(I suppose it's good enough for a 7,000th post.)

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP

Sometimes.

To hold court is an art of throwing everyone slightly left-of-centre. The well-placed word, knowing when to say what, and how, yet always at ease with the self.

Charisma is the realm of self-control.

In that, it isn't always Es who have it. There are some Is here who are charismatic as well.

Hear, hear.

Brilliance doesn't require cologne.

It could be pheromones too, I guess.

Cardinal differences:
With ENTPs, the charge is of changeability.

With INTPs, the charge, perhaps, is of a difficulty in letting go.

Similarities:
Thought processes. The greatest ease and least explaining is required when I work with INTPs. I found extra words necessary only if I bother to explain the Ti logic. :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
But it's difficult to determine his temperament, seeing how his body language doesn't seem to match any of them.

The guy can barely move, maybe we shouldn't be trying to go off his body movement.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Charisma is the realm of self-control.
How so?

Those who are charismatic tend to be effervescent, happy, sincere, comfortable in their skin, warm and overall confident.

Self-control?

Not particularly, charismatic people are quite natural, (and free-flowing), in the way they express themselves.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
How so?

Those who are charismatic tend to be effervescent, happy, sincere, comfortable in their skin, warm and overall confident.

Self-control?

Not particularly, charismatic people are quite natural in the way they express themselves.

It's mostly natural, but they can't give in to the wrong impulse, say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing... that takes some form of self-control.