• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] You know you're an INTP when...

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
...you just start a "You know you're an INTP when..." thread, then let everyone else slog through the tedium of adding content.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
...you just start a "You know you're an INTP when..." thread, then let everyone else slog through the tedium of adding content.

Haha.

You're equal parts wit and wisdom.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You cancel those plans to attend the Battlestar Galactica fan meetup when you realize it requires actually leaving your apartment.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You cancel those plans to attend the Battlestar Galactica fan meetup when you realize it requires actually leaving your apartment.

Was a fracken sad realisation that one :(

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
You see a thread like this, and leave it up to someone else to respond. You would rather do something more intelligent with your time, such as engaging in deep meditation on your present feelings of ennui.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Was a fracken sad realisation that one :(

You resist the urge to correct the spelling of "frakkin'," which you know because you've seen it in print from an official source. *applies loser smilie to self*

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You resist the urge to correct the spelling of "frakkin'," which you know because you've seen it in print from an official source. *applies loser smilie to self*
Hee.

You are frakkin' pedantic. I approve of the BSG love in this thread. :wubbie: Should've known that I was a J when I actually got excited, planned and went to meet Ron Moore and Joss Whedon.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:laugh: if I had've been willing to leave my house to attend the convention I would know these things but alas it wasn't to be.

Think these threads work a lot better when other types do all the writing, I mean what INTP could be bothered, really?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You see a thread like this, and leave it up to someone else to respond. You would rather do something more intelligent with your time, such as engaging in deep meditation on your present feelings of ennui.
that sentence wreaked of intp. :laugh:
"I got better things to do than waste my time on this: check(note: they often do anyways.)
use of foreign words at least once in a thread:check
use of the word intelligent at least once per page: check
promotion of solitary "intellectual" activities other than debate: check.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
...you stop talking in the middle of an explanation, stare off into the distance and.....

What was the question again?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You get called arrogant and aloof and.. you are too arrogant and aloof to care.

sade

Instead of answering the question "Do you have any possibly easy mushroom soup recipies?" wih a yes/no answer you start speaking about the way a mushroom soup should be, then going into pondering what type of spices make a real mushroom soup. (All this after first saying a quick no, because I pestered you.)

Or actually insert any interesting subject to the INTP instead of mushroom soup and you get the same result.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Instead of answering the question "Do you have any possibly easy mushroom soup recipies?" wih a yes/no answer you start speaking about the way a mushroom soup should be, then going into pondering what type of spices make a real mushroom soup. (All this after first saying a quick no, because I pestered you.)

Pepper aside, I would be more interested in the herbs most likely to accentuate the flavor of the mushroom - depending on the variety of mushroom....

Oh, ignore me. I have a fairly bad cold and am going for the whiskey, honey, lemon cure. What the hell, it's Saturday.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Pepper aside, I would be more interested in the herbs most likely to accentuate the flavor of the mushroom - depending on the variety of mushroom....

Oh, ignore me. I have a fairly bad cold and am going for the whiskey, honey, lemon cure. What the hell, it's Saturday.

When the topic of soups, colds, and herbs is somehow grounds for further research... If only knowledge wasn't so contagious...

sade

Exactly.
I pretty much ignored him after the 'no' so I think he was talking about the sause or vegetables or.. something. I just wanted a basic recipy to whisk something together. Argh.

Take a couple of shots of vodka while you're at it, it should sterilize the throat.. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

We're onto you.

incomple...

MBTI Type
PINT
  • If you really are a human being, not a human doing.
  • When you wrote several forum posts but considered them silly in the end and threw them away...
  • ...just to notice a few days later that they weren't as dumb as you thought.
  • Generally if you change your mind that often that no one knows what you're all about, not even yourself.
  • If you never finish your...

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
When you write on paper, if you get a mistake, you search for the ctrl+z.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
...your flittering mannerisms fluctuate between giggling uncontrollably and mortified silence.

...you swear you're feeling the onset of a cardiac arrest when the word "group work" is mentioned, especially when it concerns you.

...you can barely control the urge to correct the girl named "Sara", because her name clearly lacks that silent 'H' which is oh-so needed.

...it doesn't matter if someone mocks your style of dress, but a rebuke towards your competence in work/school brings a crashing wave of acute depression.