• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] You know you're an INTP when...

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
You feel a tingle of guilt every time you use 'lol, brb, wtf' .. etc etc, like you are contributing to the bastardization of the English language.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
When you consider your brain as something to be rewired at will, emotions, thoughts, patterns, all of it. Objectivity ftw.

Ha, so true. Wish there was just a body shop I could send my brain to when I get stuck in a Ti loop.

Rockwallaby

MBTI Type
INTP
You feel a tingle of guilt every time you use 'lol, brb, wtf' .. etc etc, like you are contributing to the bastardization of the English language.

YES! people are starting to use them in conversation now!

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...your flittering mannerisms fluctuate between giggling uncontrollably and mortified silence.

...you swear you're feeling the onset of a cardiac arrest when the word "group work" is mentioned, especially when it concerns you.

...you can barely control the urge to correct the girl named "Sara", because her name clearly lacks that silent 'H' which is oh-so needed.

...it doesn't matter if someone mocks your style of dress, but a rebuke towards your competence in work/school brings a crashing wave of acute depression.

*thumbs up*

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
..you forget to eat because you are too busy thinking.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When you are able to intrigue a room full of people into coping your mannerisms, at least temporarily.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What about a reference? Can you write a reference?

In the history class, we had to write these references. We were given someone's ruminations, and then we had to write a reference about it. One reference a week. Originally I did not think it was a problem.
If the INTPs can discuss postmodernism without knowing what postmodernism is, they can get away with anything?

The point in reference is the opposite. That is the key of the difficulty.
Reference is not a discussion. It does not have wings. It does not lift off the base.

After having written the first reference in the history class, I got fail. The following week, another fail. Third week I asked a friend to do it for me. She did the job in ten minutes.
The teacher was surprised. He had not thought I was college material. He gave me a B+.
I could enjoy modest success.
Very modest- but I did not need to leave the class immediately.

Is this reference thing even remotely an INTP thing? Has anyone had similar trouble?
Just curious. Can you write a reference?
It is an admirable quality I am sure.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
...your logic seems sound, but still manages to be destroyed by an INTJ's scrutiny.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about a reference? Can you write a reference?

In the history class, we had to write these references. We were given someone's ruminations, and then we had to write a reference about it. One reference a week. Originally I did not think it was a problem.
If the INTPs can discuss postmodernism without knowing what postmodernism is, they can get away with anything?

The point in reference is the opposite. That is the key of the difficulty.
Reference is not a discussion. It does not have wings. It does not lift off the base.

After having written the first reference in the history class, I got fail. The following week, another fail. Third week I asked a friend to do it for me. She did the job in ten minutes.
The teacher was surprised. He had not thought I was college material. He gave me a B+.
I could enjoy modest success.
Very modest- but I did not need to leave the class immediately.

Is this reference thing even remotely an INTP thing? Has anyone had similar trouble?
Just curious. Can you write a reference?
It is an admirable quality I am sure.

Depends. Does it have to rhyme?

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
... when you explain something in vivid detail and still doubt whether you have left something out and if people understand what you say.

... when you explain the framework and leave out the details and think people understand what you say.